LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLAD problem VI Template

Does anyone actually use snippets to "save portions of their own code for use in later applications" ?

It would never occur to me to save my own code as a .png file to use later - why wouldn't I just save the VI directly?

The only thing I would use snippets for would be to post sample code to this forum.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(398 Views)

MIG wrote:

It would never occur to me to save my own code as a .png file to use later - why wouldn't I just save the VI directly?

You could place all your snippets in a folder and set the folder option to view as icons. Now, instead of having to read filenames, we can use our trained graphical pattern recognition brain functions to immediately see what we want and drag it to the block diagram. 😄

In there, you could have your local design patterns, and any little merge code that does not deserve to be a subVI for quick access (e.g. "replace array subset looped across a feedback node or similar).

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(392 Views)

@MIG wrote:

Does anyone actually use snippets to "save portions of their own code for use in later applications" ?

The only thing I would use snippets for would be to post sample code to this forum.

I know, it sounded dumb to me, too - but I think that is word-for-word what CORE says snippets are good for.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(385 Views)