Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

call VB6 dll from LabView

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello

I have a dll written in VB6 to control some 3rd party hardware

I already tried to use Call Library Function Node but it does not seem to work, after that also I tried to use

Automation Refnum, input then Select ActiveX Class and and locate my DLL but when I select the dll, the following message shows on the screen: The selected file is not a .NET assembly, type library or automation executable.

Keep on the issue I tried  to register the Visual Basic DLL on the system through the REGSVR32 command but I got another different message (fbidio.dll was loaded, but the DIRegisterServer entry point was not found. This file can not be registered). It looks the dll I intend to use is very old.

Can anybody guide me on this issue, what other things I can try.

Thank you.

Regards 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,872 Views)

What does not work with the Call Library Node?

Unfortunately it can depend how the DLL was created, if it would be a normal DLL with exported functions or an ActiveX DLL. Both have a DLL file ending but are in fact very different beasts. VB 6 definitely couldn't create .Net assemblies so you don't have to try that in LabVIEW.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,849 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author eder90

Hi

The LabView collapse when I try to use the Call Library Node, In my understanding according to some comments I saw, it is not possible to use call library node for VB Dlls.

Anyway I already figured out how to control my hardware, I found an update module for Active X controls in the web for my hardware and now my application works perfectly with an ActiveX container and then inser ActiveX object.

Thanky you so much.

Regards

jp2.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,842 Views)