cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boolean button UI + table and excel

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I am a student and I am creating a user-interface with boolean buttons to record error data. I've used boolean buttons which I could later customise to represent different errors, their description and comments if necessary (see below in the front panel screenshot). 

I have an issue with the table because if the button is pushed data is recorded in the table and if I push another button, it rewrites the first button data, I would like to have a continuation. What do I miss? See block diagram screenshot.

I also would like to send the data to the excel file in .csv format (i think I have already managed that, see excel file screenshot). Later I would like to upload and store those excel file in the cloud storage, i.e. "One Drive".

Any ideas? Suggestions? Would you like me to upload Labview files if needed?

Thank you.

Kind regards

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,720 Views)

It is rather difficult to edit a picture, test the code in a picture, tell what version of LabVIEW you are using in a picture.  Yes, by all means, attach LabVIEW code (i.e. a file ending in .VI).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,664 Views)

Hello Bob,

I am using Labview 2016. I am new to this community so I am sorry for not uploading the .vi file right away. I have attached it below.

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,638 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author algirdaskurs

Not a problem.  Now that I see your code, and have re-read your original post where you describe what you want to do, I wonder if a different design might serve you better.

I've written (for myself) a number of Error Handlers and Debug Routines that save their output as text strings.  If being written to a file (which is the usual case), it's an ordinary Text write, with each line terminated with <CR><LF> (the End of Line Constant on the String Palette).  When writing to a Front Panel, I sometimes use a "big" String Indicator and write lines ending in End-of-Line, but if I want "flexible scrolling", I create one-line strings (without EOL) and append it to an Array of Strings, each array element being a separate message.  The advantage to this is that (a) you always append at the end, but (b) if you are viewing the indicator, you can have a Vertical Scroll Bar and scroll up or down.  You can also easily have "Latest on Top" or "Latest on the Bottom" just by changing which end of the Array you append the new line.  Note that using Strings allows you to use Booleans, numeric data, Messages, etc.  [Hint -- take a look at Format into String, and learn how to use its Format characters.  It does a marvelous job of assembling data into a String].

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,628 Views)

Hello Bob,

Thank you very much. It helped. Good to know that here are many clever and helpful people. If I have some more questions, I'll definitely ask here. Thank you again!

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,607 Views)