LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block diagram not saving

I installed LabVIEW 3 hours ago or so and I just finished up a homework assignment for one of my classes. I saved the VI, and opened it just to make sure it worked, but the block diagram did not save. The front panel came up fine with everything I put on it, but the block diagram does not pop up at all. What is the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,592 Views)

Hello Paulhs94,

You can access the block diagram via the CTRL+E hotkey or via Window>>Show Block diagram.

Regards,

Tom L.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,584 Views)

Is it possible that it is off screen? I have seen both front panels and block diagrams which have been moved so that only one pixel is in a corner of the screen, making it almost impossible to see. Usually this happens on when the VI is opened on a system with a smaller screen than the one on which the VI was developed.

Try going to the Window menu and select Tile Left and Right.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,580 Views)

Unless you somehow managed to activate the property Remove block diagram, but i think that's only applicable for source distributions.

/ Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,579 Views)

Somehow saved it without the block diagram?  It is a setting when you create a source distribution.  But it would be very difficult to do accidentally.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,574 Views)

Is development PC and current PC are same?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,572 Views)

To elaborate on my previous statement- When you create a new VI, both the block diagram and front panel will open automatically.  When an existing VI is opened, only the front panel will be displayed until you open the block diagram manually.  This is certainly easy to miss the first time you use the environment.  As others have mentioned, saving a VI without a block diagram is possible but seems unlikely in this circumstance

Tom L.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,560 Views)

May be I am wrong but when I also open the existing VI only FP opens. Keep deleting the BD at last option and keep the backup.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,550 Views)

@Ranjeet_Singh wrote:

May be I am wrong but when I also open the existing VI only FP opens. Keep deleting the BD at last option and keep the backup.

What does this message even mean?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,518 Views)