LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic Level trigger not working as expected

Hello,

I am trying a very simple example using "Basic Level Trigger Detection.vi" and it is not working as expected.

I want to get the first 3 rising edges (even without hysteresis) but I always get the first one. The help says that this VI internally stores the status (I have also check that in the code) but I see when debugging that it always returns 0 in the terminal where the history should be stored.

I can workaround with my own VI or using subsets of the input signal, but is it a bug?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,744 Views)

I've not used this function before, but it does clearly state that it looks for the first level crossing of the input signal.  You are asking it, three times, to find the same thing, and what-do-you-know, it finds the same thing!

I'm puzzled by what "Reset" is supposed to do.  It sounds like it might "remember" it's last value, and take off from there, but I'm not certain that is correct.  

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,712 Views)

Thank you Bob,

certainly I think I have misunderstood what this function does... I have already implemented a solution to this using subsets of the input waveform.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,699 Views)