cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning values to combobox

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone

I am quite new to labview.......could someone please help me with combobox usage. My task is "When I select an item in combobox  it should read the data from an spreadsheet and disply it on the front panel. To the data of the spreadsheet I need to add few values manually and save it as a an new file". Could some some please expalin me in detail how could I do this. Thankyou in advance

Best Regards

Pratheek

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,333 Views)

Hi Pratheek,

here is a very similar thread, maybe you can team up with Bhargava

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,325 Views)

Hi 

Thanks alot.  Could you please tell me how could I connect it to display the spreadsheet. The attached is how I am presently displaying the spreadsheet data and in the spreadsheet I am having the pin numbers  and I need to assign the pins definiton manually and again save it in a new spreadsheet file. Could you please tell me how could I do it

Regards

Pratheek

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,319 Views)

Hi GerdW

The VI from the previous thread is automatically updating the combobox..........But my problem is to open a spreadsheet file when I select an item in the combobox. Could you please tell me how can I do it

Regards

Pratheek

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,300 Views)

Hi Prahteek,

I think I suggested to use a ValueChange event for the combobox already in the other thread…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,291 Views)

HI GerdW

I am sorry..... but i couldn't see anything related to value change event in the previous threads. I think i have to use value change event for assignig of pin definition when it displays the value of spreadsheet, but firstly how could I link items in dropdown list of combobox to the spreadsheet files ? Could you please help me.....

Regards

Pratheek

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,285 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pratheek

Hi Pratheek,

Take a look at the attached vi. It may help you in going forward. I would strongly advice you to study the basics of Event structures and their usages. It is going to be handy if you are planning to make good  LV projects.

regards,
Nitzz

(Give Kudos To Good Answers, Mark it as a Solution If your Problem was Solved :smileywink:)

Message 7 of 10
(3,277 Views)

HI NitzZ

Thanks alot......you almost solved my problem Smiley Happy Could you suggest me where could I learn more on Event Structures and another my question is how could I save the changes made to the spreadsheet in a new file ?

Regards

Pratheek

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,272 Views)

Just to make my doubt a bit more clear, I am attaching the two snapshots below.....the 1st snapshot is the data from the spreadsheet and 2nd snapshot is of the assigned values to the pin numbers manually........could you please tell me how could I save these changes done to the spredsheet in a new .csv file

Regards

Pratheek

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,259 Views)

Hi Pratheek,

use WriteSpreadsheetFile to save that array to a CSV file…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,255 Views)