LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After an install executable is missing Sub VI's

Solved!
Go to solution

I have built an executable and an installer to run a stand alone program on a non LabView PC. Everything installs correctly, but when I try and run the executable I get the attached error. Is the problem with my Installer or my build?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(8,765 Views)

I guess you are using some vi's from signal processing toolkit and you might not have included them in your application or installer.

Why this happens: You have used the signal processing sub vi from the NI default library path and you have not added. Since it is in dependency you will be able to create the exe and installer and also when you run it in your PC it will work. But when you take this to another system where LabVIEW and the signal processing toolkit is not there then it gives this issue.

What you can do: Add the library from where you are using the vi's to your project and add the toolkit when you create the installer. (Correct me if I am wrong)

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22
(8,763 Views)

The other option is to force the inclusion of the library in the EXE.  You would need to add the VIs to the project in order to do this.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
(8,758 Views)

Most likely there is nothing wrong with your installer  or build.

These look like regular LabVIEW functions. Most likely you installed only the minimum runtime instead of the standard. What was the size of the run time download?  Make sure it is >200MB.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22
(8,752 Views)

Thanks you everyone for your help.

I tried to implement all of your advice one step at a time. I now have a new error that I receive when I try to run the executable. I have it attached. I have also attached a jpg of my project with the locations of the library's and the files in the always include for the executable build. 

I downloaded the latest Run time for 2011, and installed it on the Target PC. It is 215M in size.

Any help with these new errors would be greatly appreciated.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22
(8,726 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author griff32

This is silly, you don't need to "always include" all that. That will all be automatic if they are listed in dependencies. Don't put vi.lib VIs in your project!

I still think there is something wrong with the runtime engine.

I assume that your project is create in LabVIEW 2011. Is that right?

The newst 32bit 2011 run time is 2011 SP1, and it is 214MB, not 215MB. (Also make sure the runtime matches the bitness of your development system)

Message 6 of 22
(8,716 Views)

Thanks altenbach,

I am going to go back to square one and remove everything off of the Target computer, and download your recommended Run time. I will also clean up my project and build, as I agree with you that it should be automatic and has been in the past.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22
(8,709 Views)

I installed The Run time that you suggested and re-built my executable and low and behold it works. One questions still remains. What version of Runtime is built into the installer? It seems that the best option is to install Runtime separately.

Thanks again to everyone for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(8,687 Views)

Dear All,

I know this thread is quite old but it is worth a try because it seems I have a similar problem, although it looks a bit worse..

I have built many executables (with a lot more dependencies and external drivers) but I have never encountered this problem before.

My application is not using any fancy toolkit or add-on, just the basic functions of the program but it seems that the very basic internal vi-s of the core LabVIEW (write to Spreadsheet, Space constant.vi,etc.) are not included in my generated application file. I tried to run the exe even on the PC where the actual development environment is installed and it comes up with the same errors (please see the screenshot attached).

(a bit more details:

- I am using LV 2012

- the startup VI is TrendEval_7.vi

- I am not 'Always include'-ing any of the subVIs, I leave them as they are, so the are included if referred)

Have forgot something very basic or am I missing something?

Please let me know your thoughts and thank you for your help!

Cheers,

Attila

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(7,017 Views)
Is the generated "data" folder next to the executable?
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22
(6,975 Views)