LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D spiral curve

hi all,

i'm quite new to LV so i'm here asking for help.

does anyone know how to create a 3D spiral curve over time thru LV 2009?

and how can i restore the data (that is, the coordinate points)?

thx a million.

p.s. i want to create a picture kind of like this one  http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=43609

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,222 Views)

Have a look in the examples. There are several showing how to use 3D graphs.

All you reallly need is a 3D graph and the simple generation of the spiral. Attached is a poorly put together starting point...

Ian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,203 Views)

to Ian,

i appreciate for your reply.

but how can i have a spiral "over time"?

what came up to my mind is to use "insert into array" to deal wth it

but then, problems will occur during data restorage. that is, i'll get data of the size of power of 2.

please help if you can, thx again! 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,170 Views)

Hi jhr,

I'm not quite sure what you mean by restorage or data of the size power of 2 - it depends how you handle the arrays.

To generate the spiral over time you can plot the graph 'inside' the loop, rather than after the loop has gathered all of the data. In other words you can add a data point to the graph after it is calculated, then calculate the next, plot, calculate, plot etc..

Ian

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,158 Views)

@_Ian_ wrote:

Have a look in the examples. There are several showing how to use 3D graphs.

All you reallly need is a 3D graph and the simple generation of the spiral. Attached is a poorly put together starting point...

Ian

This goes a little further.  Make your data arrays first, send it into a loop, use the loop index to increase the length of the arrays with Array Subset.

21497iF885D35257DEC06B

Although I really should have put the Build Array OUTSIDE the loop.  (I'm not takint time to make another JPEG Smiley Tongue

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,148 Views)

@NIquist wrote:

@ _Ian_ wrote:

Although I really should have put the Build Array OUTSIDE the loop.  (I'm not takint time to make another JPEG Smiley Tongue

I think the compiler is "smart enough" to take care of this for you though! Ahhhh, technology 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,145 Views)

@for(imstuck) wrote:

@NIquist wrote:

@ _Ian_ wrote:

I think the compiler is "smart enough" to take care of this for you though! Ahhhh, technology 🙂

Good point, but I still like to force myself to keep aware of these things, especially if I'm showing my code as an example. 

BTW jhr, why don't you just do this with Blender?  Add a particle system to the endpoint and a neat 3D background, you would have a cool video!

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,136 Views)