From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 way vertical toggle switch

can we have 3 way vertical toggle switch, with unstable position at top, neutral position in center and stable position at bottom
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 40
(9,267 Views)
use a slider control, but set the type to integer instead of double and coerce the range from 1 to 3. The slider will then take on one of three values.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 40
(9,253 Views)
If you want something that looks a bit more like the standard switches, I've made some that use the picture control.

If you're interested, you can read a bit more and download them here.

Ed

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
Message 3 of 40
(9,244 Views)
I need to substitute a two ways switch in a four ways switch. Do you know if this is possible? Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 40
(9,187 Views)
Hi Aurelia,

You can modify the example given in this document:
How to Create a Three-Position Vertical Switch

to have a 4 way switch. The example gives step-by-step instructions to do that when you click on the Help button (however, note that this example is written for LabVIEW 5.0.1 so some menu options in later versions of LabVIEW are slightly different).

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions about it.

Good luck!
Shakhina P.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 40
(9,145 Views)
hello sir,

thanks for giving your valuable suggestions but sir what i want is is to have 3 way vertical toggle switch, with unstable position at top, neutral position in center and stable position at bottom. MOST IMPORTANT the shape of the switch should be same as that of vertical toggle switch.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 40
(9,116 Views)
hello sir,

thanks for giving your valuable suggestions but sir what i want is is to have 3 way vertical toggle switch, with unstable position at top, neutral position in center and stable position at bottom. MOST IMPORTANT the shape of the switch should be same as that of vertical toggle switch.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 40
(9,116 Views)
Hi Ed,

Thanks for the link to your page. In all of my google Labview searches, I hadn't come across your page yet. I think we need a forum section where people can put links to their Labview homepages.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 40
(9,108 Views)
Avon: Try the attached vi. It has a 3 way switch control.
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
Message 9 of 40
(9,082 Views)
thanks a lot buddy.... i think this will solve my problem... thanks once again..
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 40
(9,053 Views)