NI Home > Community > NI Discussion Forums

LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS and LabVIEW for Education

Lydecker
0 Kudos

Where can I download LabView Toolkit for NXT

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Where can I download the LabView Toolkit for Lego Mindstorms NXT to use with LabView 7.1? I would like to create my own block.

The NI website claims on this page http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4435 that this is the link to the download https://lumen.ni.com/nicif/us/evallegotoolkit/content.xhtml however it is a lie as it takes you to the download for NI LabVIEW for LEGO® MINDSTORMS which is not the same product (and does not support making blocks for the NXT-G Software).

Is there anywhere I can get a copy of the old toolkit, or are you saying it no longer possible to create your own blocks for the NXT-G software (that I would find hard to believe.) 

Thank you.

Jack._W
0 Kudos

Re: Where can I download LabView Toolkit for NXT

Hello Lydecker,

On the same page you describe seeing the download for 'NI LabVIEW for LEGO® MINDSTORMS' there is a drop down section for downloading the module on it's own without LabVIEW. Have you tried this?

LV NXT download.png

I believe this is all you need. After a restart you should then be able to access the block wizard In LabVIEW, select Tools»NXT Module»New NXT Block Wizard

Full instruction on the steps needed to create a block are in the following document - 

Creating LEGO® MINDSTORMS® NXT Software Blocks- ftp://ftp.ni.com/evaluation/mindstorms/NXT_Creating_MINDSTORMS_Blocks.pdf

Hope this helps

Jack. W
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
流年似水
0 Kudos

hello,I have installed LV2011NXT,why tool>......   have not NXT module?

Active Participant
MahdiehG
0 Kudos

Hello,

If this is a new question I would recommend that you create a new thread. Also if you are more descriptive about your problem in the initial post it will help everyone in the community to answer your question.

Regards,

Mahdieh G
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK&Ireland