LabVIEW MathScript RT Module

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MathScript with Embedded Targets

Hello,

I've seen other posts that say MathScript is not currently supported for embedded targets, like the Blackfin.  Do you plan to support it future versions?  If so, can you provide any timeline?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,334 Views)
Hello Derek,

While we would like to support MathScript on embedded targets, it will not be available anytime soon.  Our recommendation is to use regular LabVIEW G code for embedded targets.  Is there something you are trying to do with which you have difficulty in G?

Grant M.
Staff Software Engineer | LabVIEW Math & Signal Processing | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(7,319 Views)
Hi Grant,

We have all of our signal processing algorithms coded in MATLAB.  Currently, we have to manually convert all this code to G code and then re-code for the embedded target nuances.  It's huge expense and I would like to be able to just use the MATLAB code directly in a MathScript node.  Since there is not a one-to-one correspondence wtih LabVIEW and MATLAB code, any code changes is like starting over.  I'm sure it's a huge undertaking for NI, but MATLAB already supports compiling directly to C for embedded targets.  Our signal processors will continue to use MATLAB, so this will not go away for us.  I can image there must be others with similar needs.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,309 Views)

The last posts on this subject seem to be in 2007, i.e.

Hello,

I've seen other posts that say MathScript is not currently supported for embedded targets, like the Blackfin.  Do you plan to support it future versions?  If so, can you provide any timeline?

Can NI re state their current position?

I am confused by the latest Newsletter discussions on deployment of .m files to RT Hardware.  Does that include embedded target as above or restricted to NI RT hardware?

Thanks

CEK 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,581 Views)
Hello CEK,

Since those posts in 2007, NI has released LabVIEW 2009 and the LabVIEW 2009 MathScript RT Module.  These products will allow you to compile and run MathScript code on our real-time hardware platforms: cRIO, PXI, sbRIO, cFP, and CVS. 

Currently, we are investigating the possibility of deploying MathScript code to embedded targets.  However, we have to weigh that against the rest of the MathScript roadmap and prioritize what will be most useful.

Grant M.
Senior Software Engineer | LabVIEW MathScript | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,525 Views)