From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW MathScript RT Module

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How i do i activate the Mathscript RT module in LabVIEW 2010 student ed for OS X?

I recently purchased LabVIEW 2010 student edition.

I noticed that while mathscript is listed as somthing that comes with the student ed but mathscript isn't on the .iso that came from the on the hub store download.

So i went to http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/207269 and downloaded the "free" mathscript RT module for OS X. 

When i try to use the mathscript node or run any of the example vi's i receive the error:

The MathScript RT Module requires the LabVIEW Full or Professional Development Systems, LabVIEW Debug Deployment System, or LabVIEW Student Edition to run correctly.  Visit the National Instruments Web site at ni.com to purchase these products. If you have already purchased one of these products, select <b>Help>>Activate LabVIEW Components</b> to activate the product.

When i go to the help menu, there isn't a "activate LabVIEW Components" option!

If the activate components option hidden someplace in else the OS X version of LabVIEW?

I bought the 2010 student edition specificallly to use this module so this is extreemly frustrating.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 32
(9,802 Views)

Hello aiyoung,

I see you created an email Service Request for this issue as well. The decision was made to pull this functionality out of the "core" LabVIEW environment and to create it's own module (MathScript RT Module) so that we can have dedicated R&D resources and provide better tech-support for this functionality. We'll be able to support this issue more efficiently through the email communication route.

Thank you,

Deborah Y.

Deborah Burke
NI Hardware and Drivers Product Manager
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 32
(9,772 Views)

I am also looking for mathscript for LabVIEW student 2010.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 32
(9,639 Views)

The link for NI LabVIEW MathScript RT Module for Mac or Linux is available here. The link was temporarily down but should be working again shortly.

Regards,

Deborah Y.

Deborah Burke
NI Hardware and Drivers Product Manager
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 32
(9,628 Views)
The link is still down and although Deborah Y placed the 2010 MathScript installer in the ftp site for me it doesn't work. The install proceeds without complaint, but an attempt to make a VI using mathscript results in this error message:
"LabVIEW:  The MathScript RT Module requires the LabVIEW Full or Professional Development Systems, LabVIEW Debug Deployment System, or LabVIEW Student Edition to run correctly.  Visit the National Instruments Web site at ni.com to purchase these products. If you have already purchased one of these products, select <b>Help>>Activate LabVIEW Components</b> to activate the product."
I have the 2010 SP1 version of LabVIEW obtained from Sparkfun with the Arduino bundle. Is MathScript not licensed for that bundle?
Any ideas?
-Scott

@Deborah Y wrote:

The link for NI LabVIEW MathScript RT Module for Mac or Linux is available here. The link was temporarily down but should be working again shortly.

Regards,

Deborah Y.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 32
(9,622 Views)
I'll add that although "Student Edition" is printed on the physical CD, the install identifies itself as "Base Development System" when I click "About LabVIEW."
What's going on?
Thanks,
-Scott

@ScottH wrote:
The link is still down and although Deborah Y placed the 2010 MathScript installer in the ftp site for me it doesn't work. The install proceeds without complaint, but an attempt to make a VI using mathscript results in this error message:
"LabVIEW:  The MathScript RT Module requires the LabVIEW Full or Professional Development Systems, LabVIEW Debug Deployment System, or LabVIEW Student Edition to run correctly.  Visit the National Instruments Web site at ni.com to purchase these products. If you have already purchased one of these products, select <b>Help>>Activate LabVIEW Components</b> to activate the product."
I have the 2010 SP1 version of LabVIEW obtained from Sparkfun with the Arduino bundle. Is MathScript not licensed for that bundle?
Any ideas?
-Scott

@Deborah Y wrote:

Regards,

Deborah Y.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 32
(9,618 Views)

Hey Scott, 

Deborah said you had a service request. Have you determined whether your serial number is valid for MathScript? I am betting that it is seems how we don't sell a student suite that doesn't support MathScript but it would be good to be sure. The fastest way is to ask whoever is handling your service request to look and see what products your serial number is valid for.  

Also, you don't need to activate our products on macs, which explains your first post.

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 32
(9,581 Views)
1. I'm not aware of any service request.

2. By "activate," I don't mean NI license activation, I mean just make the functionality work. I'm aware that NI license management doesn't work on os x.

3. How do I initiate a service request?

4. Is it NI's intent to support mathscript with the ,abview bundle sold through sparkfun?

Thanks,
Scott

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 32
(9,575 Views)

Hi Scott, 

1,3) ok, I thought you had from Deborah's post. If you have a service contract with us you can make a new request at ni.com/support  

2,4) Looking closer, the MathScript RT Module will not run on the student edition on a mac, although it will on windows. First, if it did it would simply work. Following the links to the two versions of student edition we have, here and here, MathScript RT is not supported on mac. SparkFun will simply be bundling one of these two packages, most likely the first.  

LabVIEW student edition on windows is simply labview full edition with a watermark, as explained here and should have MathScript supported no matter what version of LV student edition you buy..   

However, as a work around you may consider using wine to run labVIEW in the windows edition, which will definitely allow you to use the toolkit. 

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 32
(9,566 Views)

That's pretty lame.

I went back and forth with support on this for over a month trying to get the mathscript RT module to work in OS X.

Why is there no Mathscript RT support on the OS X student editions?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 32
(9,559 Views)