LabVIEW APIs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Scripting Main Board

How are you wiring the feedback node up to the case structure then?

Where will the data type of the feedback node be defined?

the best way to do what you're trying is to at least have one case which you call the "Connect Wire" to something

(see screencast)

http://screencast.com/t/IyqVok81s

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 171
(3,856 Views)

Hi,

The included examples do not show the "not saved" mark (*) when created but only when executed or modified afterwards.

i.e. Open and run "Drop Add Function.vi" and you won't see the *, though you can close it without being asked to save it.

Is this the expected behaviour?

Thanks,

Guillermo

PS. Congratulations for making public scripng, it's a great and valuable utility!

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 171
(3,856 Views)

Thanks for that link most interesting...

The data type for the feedback will be user-defined (eventually), I've dropped the constant into the block diagram and wired it as suggested, so making progress..

The next step is to add some flexibility and auto-wire the empty tunnels. I think that should be fairly straight-forward.

The general concept will be that the user will enter all the data via a dialog wizard and the vi will be born automatically from these entrys.

This is keeping me away from my proper work!!

Thanks for you help Norman

SWatts

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):
DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 171
(3,856 Views)

Got it,

The trick is selecting the case statement for each frame and using the input terms indexed to the frame index while not wiring an initialise frame.

Thanks for help

SteveWiringCaseStatementTunnels.JPG

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 171
(3,856 Views)

It's the simple things that catch you out!

What I want to do is to have drop constants of different types onto the block diagram, I can drop arrays, strings and I32 constants but would like to drop a DBL.

Can't see how?

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 171
(3,856 Views)

Drop an I32 and type 0.0 and hit enter... the constant's gonna change to DBL representation.

(Darren had a nugget on this one lately)

GCentral ChampionCLA
0 Kudos
Message 46 of 171
(3,856 Views)

Unless I am horribly missing something, all you have to do is replace appctl.mnu in menus/Categories/Programming/

If you want the examples, I've backsaved them to LV 8.0 at http://kamocat.com/archived/VIScripting_lv8.0.zip

(it includes the appctl.mnu, the scripting manual, and the mac installation instructions)

Marshal Horn
0 Kudos
Message 47 of 171
(3,856 Views)

accidental repost.  please delete.

Marshal Horn
0 Kudos
Message 48 of 171
(3,856 Views)

Is there a detailed help on the scripting properties?  I'm not getting even context help on Mac.

Marshal Horn
0 Kudos
Message 49 of 171
(3,856 Views)

Scripting is very underdocumented right now.  I'm trying to make it better in an upcoming release.

That said, I thought we had at least something for most scripting properties.  Are you getting no help text at all?  On which properties?

0 Kudos
Message 50 of 171
(3,856 Views)