LabVIEW APIs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Scripting Main Board

Whew, not sure this is still going here, very awkward layout to find and post scripting questions.

Regardless,

I am trying to write some code tools to help with documentation creation for import into Confluence.  I have most of it done through the Report Generation toolkit, etc.

One thing I have been playing with is adding a picture of a project with all contents expanded to the beginning of the document.

I've got user32.dll keybrd_events created that will allow me to collect a picture of a project I define is the top level window.  What I am struggling with seem to a basic function that is frustrating me.  I can create a project, get reference to it, descendants, etc. but the ProjectItem > Expand function does not work on LVCLASS that are in the project.  What happens is the code adds the LVLIB or LVCLASS to the Project and then tries to expand the contents - because the scripting code has a reference open to the LVCLASS the class LOCKS in the project as LabVIEW says it is open in multiple instances.  You can manually click Expand All in the project - but the programmatic EXPAND Invoke node FAILS with Error 1562 since the LVCLASS is Locked.  

Is there another method to expand all other than getting the ProjectItem References and using the Expand invoke node on the appropriate levels?

I have thought about just using the mouse inputs to do it, but am not sure how to get the position of an object in the Project Tree in mouse coordinates like I can for objects on the front panel and block diagram.  I'm wonder if I can back door through mouse programmatic manipulation the right click, menu select Select All.

Any idea?

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
Senior Systems Analyst II
NASA Ames Research Center
0 Kudos
Message 171 of 171
(783 Views)