Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA: Access to the resource or remote machine is denied.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello. 

I am using a cRIO-9076 to communicate with a Keithley 2400 through the RS-232 port on the cRIO. I have a test vi that is built using the Keithley 2400 drivers and it works perfectly fine with the vi is located under "My Computer" in my project. If I move that vi onto the Remote NI-cRIO9076 potion of the project and try to run the vi I get a

VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF00A8 Access to the resource or remote machine is denied............

I've seen that I need to add something to the Remote Access List on the cRIO which I find a little confusing. I want to use the serial port on the cRIO through VISA to communicate to the Keithley, so I need to give the cRIO permission on the cRIO?? I'm obviously confused. 

I've tried adding a simple * (wildcard) to the access list as a temporary solution but I will still get the same error. 

I would appreciate some guidance.

Thank you

Roth

cRIO 9076

Lab View 2013

Keithley 2400

NI-VISA 5.4.0

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,549 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,544 Views)

Yes. I've tried exactly that. I entered the "*" to rule out the chance of using the wrong IP for the moment.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,534 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RothNRK

if you want to move the vi to the CRIO, you may change the resource name.

my example is based on cRIO-9068. While executing the MAX on my local host, there may show as below.

The resource for the cRIO-9068 should as "ASRLx:INSTR"

viresouce.png

Good luck!

Message 4 of 6
(6,514 Views)

Thank you.

Yes, I just figured that out last night.  While the vi was loaded on my host system the location was visa://111.111.1.111/ASRL1::INSTR but if I simply drag the vi down to the remote host that location is incorrect and will give a permission error. I needed to change the resource name to just ASRL1::INSTR. 

A simple gotcha. 

Roth

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,503 Views)

Hello,

I already make changes and I can not activate the com port.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,634 Views)