Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Communications Failure

I am trying to communicate with a Tektronix 2022 Oscilliscope via an RS232 serial port. I have installed TekVISA which is Tektronix's version of VISA and I am using LabVIEW 6.0. Every time I that use HyperTerminal to communicate with the scope I read the correct identifying information, and when I use a program called OpenDesktop (which is Tektronix's program to read the scope) I am able to read info from the scope. However, OpenDesktop is limited in its functionality and I need to write a program in LabVIEW to average millions of data points. Unfortunately, every time I try to communicate with the scope via NI's tktds1k2k.vi I get errors that say that VISA open isn't working. I've tried NI-VISA and still I get the same results. How do I fix the VISA open? The program tktds1k2k.vi is on the NI download drivers page. I am using the example.vi.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,711 Views)
Unless you need TekVISA to run Tek's software, there shouldn't be any reason to have that installed. You could try uninstalling TekVISA and making sure that NI-VISA is only thing installed. You could also try turning on tulip support in NI-MAX and see if that works. I haven't tried it with TekVISA but I've had success with Agilent and NI-VISA installed at the same time.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,697 Views)