From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FID testa (Hydrocarbons emission measuring instrument)

Hi guys,

I am new to labview.I have an instrument called FID tester that is connected to the wiring box (PCLD-780) which is in turn connected to labview. The instrument gives both digital and analog signals, now I am doing the digital part, since I have just switched on the instrument and no values are getting, I have used a 10cm wire to close the circuit, just to get the signal.

Now I have an already prepared vi by someone where it is made to read 1st 4 digits (for some other instrument), but now I want to modify that vi to this instrument (FID) and to do so I want to read last 5 digits which means in total 9 bits! As you can see from the vi that it was used DIOReadPortByte to read the signal and so it means the maximum capacity to read is 8 bits and to read 9th bit I should use something else so I am using DIOReadPortWord, but when I use that I am getting an error saying Function not supported, Kindly please help me out of this since it is an old software and nothing is working!!!

Its just I want to read last 5 digits and while testing I will set a knob to each measurement range and see that Bit 4, 5, 6, 7 are working properly(meaning if I set to measurement range 1 then bit 4 glows, if I set to range 2 then bit 5 etc) but when I see that bit 8 glows everytime(coz its not reading at all)

1st attachment is of byte(the original one) and the second is wat i changed to word where i get the error!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,138 Views)

Please continue at your other post about the same topic  http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-to-read-more-bits/m-p/3114593

Totally pointless to start yet another thread.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,121 Views)