Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FID testa (Hydrocarbons emission measuring instrument)

Hi guys,

I am new to labview.I have an instrument called FID tester that is connected to the wiring box (PCLD-780) which is in turn connected to labview. The instrument gives both digital and analog signals, now I am doing the digital part, since I have just switched on the instrument and no values are getting, I have used a 10cm wire to close the circuit, just to get the signal.

Now I have an already prepared vi by someone where it is made to read 1st 4 digits (for some other instrument), but now I want to modify that vi to this instrument (FID) and to do so I want to read last 5 digits which means in total 9 bits! As you can see from the vi that it was used DIOReadPortByte to read the signal and so it means the maximum capacity to read is 8 bits and to read 9th bit I should use something else so I am using DIOReadPortWord, but when I use that I am getting an error saying Function not supported, Kindly please help me out of this since it is an old software and nothing is working!!!

Its just I want to read last 5 digits and while testing I will set a knob to each measurement range and see that Bit 4, 5, 6, 7 are working properly(meaning if I set to measurement range 1 then bit 4 glows, if I set to range 2 then bit 5 etc) but when I see that bit 8 glows everytime(coz its not reading at all)

1st attachment is of byte(the original one) and the second is wat i changed to word where i get the error!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,141 Views)

Please continue at your other post about the same topic  http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-to-read-more-bits/m-p/3114593

Totally pointless to start yet another thread.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,124 Views)