Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with sorting a search

I'm using Win7 and IE9.

I did a search of the forums based some keywords.  The default sort order is Best Match.  I wanted to sort on date.  I clicked on the "Best Match" dropdown to the upper right of the list.  I got a drop down for Date, Kudoes, View, Replies, etc.  It looked like they would have sub drop downs probably like Oldest First, Newest First.

So I clicked on Date.  The dropdown disappeared and it went back to Best Match.  No matter which other sort I tried, it just went back to Best Match.  Hovering over any of the choices didn't help either.

So my problem is that I can reorder the result list when I do a search on the forums.  This happened in multiple message boards.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,214 Views)

I do not see the problem on Safari on the Mac. Although as you pointed out no subsearches seem to be possible.

My somewhat sarcastic thought when I read your post was that since the search works so poorly, they probably put little effort into sort.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,202 Views)

Sorting by date or other things used to work.  But I don't remember how long ago I last tried to do it successfully.

One other thing I noticed was that when I tried to do an advanced search when I tried to only search for posts written by me, or within the past month using the filters on the left hand side, I still seemed to get a full list of messages and they weren't filtered.  So I had a long list since it was unfiltered, and no way to sort it by date.  I eventually found the message I was looking for, but not by way of the search function.

Web team, please look into this.

Anyone else, please try sorting and/or filtering yourself.  Particularly if you are using IE9 or another IE version and comment on it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,194 Views)