Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Rich Text Editor

Hi forum users,

We will soon be introducing a new rich text editor (powered by TinyMCE version 4.0.18).  This new editor offers a more modern UI and usability improvements. I've attached a screenshot of the new editor below. You will also be pleased to know the spellcheck button is working again (now included in the toolbar), when creating a hyperlink the URL field no longer defaults to include "http://", and you will be able to comment on ideas once this change takes place.

Please let me know what you think of the new editor and provide feedback on this thread.

Thanks,

Jordan

New Rich Text Editor.PNG

Hyperlink.PNG

Message 1 of 7
(6,487 Views)

It seems to be working better.

I also noticed that LabVIEW is now in the dictionary for spellcheck.

I noticed a different behavior.  Now when you copy/paste a URL address, it does not automatically become a hyperlink like it used to.  I don't know if that is better or worse behavior.  Now you have to go through an extra step to make it a hyperlink.  But it may prevent some corrupted hyperlinks that used to happen like when a period at the end of a sentence ending in a hyperlink automatically got put into it and created a corrupted address.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,475 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

It seems to be working better.

I noticed a different behavior.  Now when you copy/paste a URL address, it does not automatically become a hyperlink like it used to.  I don't know if that is better or worse behavior.  Now you have to go through an extra step to make it a hyperlink.  But it may prevent some corrupted hyperlinks that used to happen like when a period at the end of a sentence ending in a hyperlink automatically got put into it and created a corrupted address.

I'll look into this behavior.

Just FYI - Soon there will available a rich content preview for URLs pasted into the rich text editor. When you paste a URL you will see a rich preview of the content as long as it is from a select list of supported providers (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.). 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,463 Views)

Just a quick impression.

I really like the new editor.  It feels a lot more up to date.  I haven't played with hardly any of the buttons so far.  The spell check is really nice.

One thing that would be really nice is a format painter.  Sometimes I copy something from another site or Word document and the font gets all messed up and it would be really nice to just paint the format from my previously typed text to the recently pasted.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,444 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

That was a few weeks ago.  I ran a spell check tonight on a message and it marked LabVIEW as a misspelled word.

What happened?  How did "LabVIEW" fall out of the dictionary?

(Also, why is "spellcheck" not in the spellcheck dictionary?)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,329 Views)

Some minor annoyances:

- When selecting a word in the editor by mouse double click the editor selects the word and the space behind the word. Usually I only want the word itself to be selected…

- When you apply formatting to the selected word (including appended space) the space accepts the "underline" formatting, but not the "bold" one. Why? Either apply all formatting to all selected text or none, but not just some…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,287 Views)

Unfortunately, it becomes a nightmare for me.

It's so hard to input Chinese characters lately.

I offer can't finish typing, and garbage get automatically entered.

I have to switch to Notepad.

I'm using English version of Win7 Pro. 64 bit. IE 11.

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,170 Views)