Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you use the mobile version of the Forums?

Yes, from Windows Phone 7.

I'd like the ability to go UP and select page on both top and buttom of a page as it can be rather long.

The Ideas forum only has one sub-group, why cant we get there automaticaly? 🙂

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 51
(3,585 Views)

Yes.  Windows Phone 7.

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 51
(3,578 Views)

I usually access the forum from desktop/laptop computer using IE and open each thread I want to read in a separate tab. Avoids navigating back-and-forth from the list of threads and lets me choose which I want to read and then go back to them periodically as I work on other things.

I have started accessing select threads on my HTC Droid Incredible running Android 4.0.4. My biggest objection to the interface is that it is awkward to select pages once navigating within a thread.  I haven't attempted to post anything from the phone yet, though!

Jeff

Jeffrey Zola
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 51
(3,557 Views)

Not much. Think I viewed a couple times. But I do see where it is value added!

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 51
(3,535 Views)

I access it from an Android phone (ICS) and it works much better than with my old phone (Gingerbread), better browser?

In any case there options on the full site that are not available on the mobile version, like being able to filter the list to see unanswered questions only.

Also, the text needs to be able to be resized. (middle age is a pain - wait a minute what am I talking about? Do I really want to live to be 118?!?)

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 51
(3,513 Views)

I use the mobile version sometimes on my iPhone 5.

Its convenient and appreciated.  Don't get rid of it!

http://www.medicollector.com
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 51
(3,438 Views)

This pretty much covers what I dislike about mobile versions of a website.

(from xkcd.com)

Yes, Android!!

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 51
(3,368 Views)

Something broke a little more on how the mobile/non-mobile site interacts with chrome on Androind 4.2.

In the past, the browser menu option "request desktop site" worked correctly, but now we get a somewhat mutilated desktop version if I check that. In order to get the real desktop site, I need to find the link at the bottom of the page. This is more tedious.

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 51
(3,264 Views)

@JordanG wrote:
Hi all,
There have been multiple threads started over the past few years with praises, complaints, and comments about the mobile version of the NI Discussion Forums, but I just want to know... do you personally ever use this version?

If yes, from which device do you use the mobile version?
If no, is there a need for our mobile version anymore?
Would you prefer to use it over the full site version if there were a few more key features (floated boards, edit posts, mobile login experience, unread message indication, etc.)?
Which key feature would you want to see implemented first?

Thanks for the feedback, as always!
Jordan

Pl help me regarding above subject....

@JordanG wrote:
Hi all,
There have been multiple threads started over the past few years with praises, complaints, and comments about the mobile version of the NI Discussion Forums, but I just want to know... do you personally ever use this version?

If yes, from which device do you use the mobile version?
If no, is there a need for our mobile version anymore?
Would you prefer to use it over the full site version if there were a few more key features (floated boards, edit posts, mobile login experience, unread message indication, etc.)?
Which key feature would you want to see implemented first?

Thanks for the feedback, as always!
Jordan

Haresh D. Patel (M-9913678668)
Engineer, IPR Ganghinagar
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 51
(3,249 Views)