cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
IstvanP

Signal conditioning modul in NI C Series incl. anti-aliasing filter

Hi,

I am aware of the previous idea here on a filter for the USB DAQ devices, this time I propose a different solution.

Some cDAQ moduls include an anti-aliasing filter, see a documentation here: http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/54597/en/

In many cases our cDAQ and cRIO system could be the solution to higher frequency (100 kS/s - 1 MS/s) voltage signal acquisition if the signal could be (from LabVIEW) programmatically conditioned prior acquisition. Two main processes are required most: amplification/attenuation and filtering.

I think amplification/attenuation is a trivial processing step, I just mention here a flat frequency and phase transfer requirement in the working range, allowing a bypassing of this stage.

Filtering is a little more challenging. My proposal is a "tunable" anti-aliasing filter, fo the sake of simplicity with one programmable cut-off frequency and fixed roll-off charasteristics. Similarly high pass and band pass filters could be implemented but these are just nice-to-have features. Please note that all filters should be in hardware, e.g. some ASIC before any ADC.

Thanks for your attention

Cheers

Istvan Pinter | Sales Development Engineer, EMEIA