cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matlab Detrend function in DIAdem

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am trying to pre process some data for fft processing and in Matlab I would use the Detrend function and I was wondering if these is anything similar in DIAdem.

I am using DIAdem 2012

Thanks

Tim
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,632 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author smoothdurban

Basically in Matlab Detrend on a matrix simple subtracts the linear line of best fit from each value of data in the array.

For example if you have an array A[2,3,5,7,5] and you were to detend it in MatLab it would equal detA[-04, -0.4, 0.6, 1.6, -1.4].

If you subtract detA from A you will get A-detA[2.4, 3.4, 4.4, 5.4, 6.4]  which is exaclty the same as finding the linera line of best fit for A.

Tim
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,599 Views)

So Tim,

Are you still interested in the sequence of commands in DIAdem to do something like this?  I'm confused why you marked your second post as a solution.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,578 Views)

Nope I was able to correlate what the detrend function does in Matlab.  My solved post gives a breif example of this.

Tim
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,554 Views)
Can you help me understand the steps neccessary to complete this in DIAdem? The results I get from subtracting a linear trend from the original waveform does not make sense. Thank you!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,896 Views)

Hey TobyPolocoser,

I would suggest creating a new forum post for this on the DIAdem board so that more people can see it.  This post is a year old, so this page may not get a lot of user traffic.  Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Myriam

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,871 Views)