BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What did YOU learn today? Get your Daily Micro-Nuggets here.

@JackDunaway wrote:

An added benefit of the method below is it shows explicitly that "Apples" is being wired into "Coffee". 

Still not what was intended. The original cluster was setup early in the program during setup. Later, and much further away inside a state machine and inside a sub-vi, a selector lets you pick one of 3 tests, which then sends the cluster wire off to one of 3 sub-vi's. The once generically-named items in the cluster get Coerced so that they are now named something meaningful for the code using the cluster wire.

Micro-Nugget: One of the many benefits of having a well-organized Project structure is in the use of "Find Items With No Callers", which is accessed by right-clicking on your virtual folders.

Richard

Message 21 of 29
(12,954 Views)

Hello All Smiley Happy

I should have started this in the LabVIEW forum, so i decided to start new there. See Here.

Even though I did link back to here, please fell free to re-post anything here over there for legacy sake. Thanks!

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 29
(12,885 Views)

Tip strips are a pain. They take their time to show up then seem to go away before you are done reading them.

You can programatically set the caption of a control to be visible on mouse enter and invisible on mouse leave.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

Message 23 of 29
(12,595 Views)

@SteveChandler wrote:

Tip strips are a pain. They take their time to show up then seem to go away before you are done reading them.

You can programatically set the caption of a control to be visible on mouse enter and invisible on mouse leave.

Way cool. Didn't think of that.

Since this is a perfect Micro-Nugget, can you post it again in the newer Micro-Nugget thread mentioned above your post?

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 29
(12,568 Views)

Thanks. I overlooked the new thread in the search results.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 29
(12,553 Views)

"Wrapping an Ugly VI Nugget" reminds me with something I used to do when I have a State Machine-based program with relatively high number of shift register to transfer data between different cases. So, in order to clean up your block diagram from shift registers and all the wires related to them, which may not be used in all the cases in the state machine, you can use one shift register of cluster from all the other data used in the other shift registers.

1.png

Clean up the shift registers using cluster

2.png

Enjoy using bundle and unbundle functions with a clean block diagram.

Message 26 of 29
(12,151 Views)

Here is a simple way to add a property node for an item inside a cluster:

create a property node, right click on the property node, select "link to" from the menu, and go through the sub menus till reach the item you wantUntitled.png

Message 27 of 29
(12,143 Views)

Enjoy using bundle and unbundle functions with a clean block diagram.

Nice trick...........

PS : you should post it also in micronugget link. 

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 29
(12,134 Views)

Thanks to Intaris' message within a New Idea on the Idea Exchange,  I learned there is a property node that delays the shrinking of a graph/chart when it is set to autoscale.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Autoscale-Only-When-Go-Outside-Scale-Range/idc-p/31928...

Message 29 of 29
(10,859 Views)