Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to deploy NI-XNET Database to RT Target

Solved!
Go to solution

Currently i'm expierencing troubles with deploying NI-XNET Databases to a RT Target.

When i check my aliases on my local computer, everything is okay. The problem is the target, it is stuck on previously used aliases, and i can't get it to add new ones.

When i open "Manage Aliases" from the Database Editor and enter the target IP, the program freezes. Same thing with LabView; when i click "Manage database deployment" from the dropdown-list where i can select database files LabView crashes. When I simply click "Browse for Database File", nothing happens. With the databases that are currently in the memory, i get a drop-down list off all signals in that database.

Who knows what could cause the broken link between my computer and the target, making it impossible to deploy new databases?

I'm using Labview 2010 SP1 with NI-XNET 1.5, and i've attached all drivers installed on the target.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(10,423 Views)

Hello Pieter,

Can you give me some more information about both systems you're using? (Windows as well as the RT part)

The easiest way to do this is to create a MAX Report of both systems. (http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/271F252B4EF0A2E0862570E70056A1E4?OpenDocument).

The issue with the Database Editor could be related to a Firewall issue.

Can you turn of your Firewall and check again?

Did it used to work correctly in the past?

If yes, what changed since then?

How does your code look like?

How are you deploying the database in there?

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
Message 2 of 8
(10,416 Views)

Can't remember the login of my previous account, so quickly created a new one.

I dont have the PXI target close to me at the moment, so I will create the report tomorrow, i will also disable the Win7-firewall (didn't think of that myself)

It used to work, when i used the 2011 version of the software. Because we have a campus license of 2010, i had to change to the 2010 version (making it impossible to open my old VI's), so i had to quickly build these up again.

The setup i'm using creates a NI-XNET Signal Input Single Point & Frame Output Single Point session. These sessions are dragged into the VI, displaying the information to indicators. When i try to deploy the project, everything looks OK, but when i deploy the VI, the progress bar gets stuck at "Checking items for conflicts, after which LabView crashes.

I thoughed it had something to do with my VI, so i opened one of the examples, (CAN Frame Output Single Point.VI), i can select a database, and after that select the apropriate signals. The only problem I have, is that i can't open new databases, there are only 2 from which i can choose, i can't add a new one. Thats the first problem.

The second problem when i deploy the VI with one of the available databases, just for test purpose, i get this error, telling me i need to redeploy the databases. When i click "Manage database deployment" in the VI, or "Manage Aliases" from the database editor the program crashes.

(I have attached the local databases + the databases available on the target + the error i get)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(10,409 Views)

Hello Pieter,

Based on the second screenshot in the last post I'm quite curious about the software version differences also.

Please let me know when you've been able to do a test.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(10,387 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pieter_F

Thierry,

disabling the firewall did the trick! I could update all databases on the target, and both problems are gone.

So, if you cant deploy a NI-XNET database, disable the windows firewall!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(10,381 Views)

Hello Pieter,

Thanks for letting me know.

Now that those problems are gone I wish you a lot of succes with the programming!

Kind Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(10,374 Views)

Hi All,

I've got a NI-XNET database deployment issue as well but was unable to resolve with by disabling the Windows firewall. My system worked at one point before a co-worker installed LabVIEW 2014 on it. The laptop was intended to be used as part of a test fixture used by our PCA vendor, and only include executable versions of our functional test software. This laptop was re-ghosted with the original working image (which did not work apparently). We have a working version of this test fixture (and laptop) so I tried to include and make updates to match but still no dice.

I've included the MAX Config report as well as a couple of screenshots to show where the database is installed on our target laptop and how it's referenced in one of the .VIs. It the only database used, so only 1 alias is available. I don't know what else to do so any direction would help. Thanks in advance

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,174 Views)

Hello Didji,

In response to your private message.

Your issue is very different from the original issue:

• You are working with a cDAQ in a Windows environment.
  • The original poster was deploying to a Real-Time environment.

I would like to ask you to create a new post on the forum specifically about your issue.
Then one of my colleagues or another forum user will be able to pick this up. (I am no longer working in the same role or department as 4+ years ago)

If you have an active SSP, then it might be better to call into your local NI office and request support.
(contact details can be found on ni.com/contact or via ni.com/ask)

Kind Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(6,098 Views)