Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-XNET database deployment issue

I've got a NI-XNET database deployment issue as well (similar to previous thread....http://forums.ni.com/t5/Automotive-and-Embedded-Networks/Unable-to-deploy-NI-XNET-Database-to-RT-Tar... ) but was unable to resolve with by disabling the Windows firewall. My system worked at one point before a co-worker installed LabVIEW 2014 on it. The laptop was intended to be used as part of a test fixture used by our PCA vendor, and only include executable versions of our functional test software. This laptop was re-ghosted with the original working image (which did not work apparently). We have a working version of this test fixture (and laptop) so I tried to include and make updates to match but still no dice.

I've included the MAX Config report as well as a couple of screenshots to show where the database is installed on our target laptop and how it's referenced in one of the .VIs. It the only database used, so only 1 alias is available. I don't know what else to do so any direction would help. Please let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks in advance.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,483 Views)

Hello Didji,

In order to get a better idea of what the issue could be, I have a few questions and troubleshooting steps.

When you say that you are have a “deployment issue” could you please describe what sort of issue is occurring? Are you unable to deploy the database at all? Do you see any error messages while trying to deploy the database?

Are you trying to deploy your XNET database to your cDAQ-9178, or do you have a Real-Time target you are trying to deploy this database to?

If you have a real-time target, can you see the device you are trying to deploy the database to in NI MAX?

When you use the file path for the database instead of its alias, does the code run successfully?

Please let me know what the outcome of the above steps are so that we can continue narrowing down the issue. Make sure to take note of any error messages, odd behaviors, etc.

Thank you,

Gabby
National Instruments Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,456 Views)

Hi Gabby,

The problem appears on executable program that is installed on the test fixture laptop. I am deploying (not sure if this is the correct term) the database to the cDAQ on our test fixture (which includes this laptop). I guess I'm pointing to the database and referencing frames that include message IDs and opcodes to get various information from the unit under test. This laptop does not have the LabVIEW development environment on it as it's just supposed to run the executable versions of the test software. I've attached a screenshot of the error (-1074384560 XNET Create Session (Frame Output Queued).vi:5330007)) that appears during one of the functional tests where I'm reading a frame and writing frame to check the firmware on a PCA. I've attached the screenshot of this VI block diagram.

When I run this VI from the project (not exectuable) on my "development" laptop, I have no issues with deploying --> reading/writing various XNET frames. This only appears on the "test fixture" laptop where the exectuable/installed version of this test software is installed. I thought it might have been a driver issue or something but I've tried to make sure all of that is identical to the unit I have at our vendor's site.

Also, when you say use the filepath instead of the alias...inserted the file path, and it turns into a drop down of all the read/write frames. I've selected what I wanted and will re-build and try this again. This is what you mean correct?

Thanks again for your help and I'll let you know how this goes.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,453 Views)

After doing a quick search on that error code it seems the issue may have to do with the database alias being missing on the deployment computer. 

1. You can manually load the XNET database into the XNET database editor on your deployment computer. This will create the database alias on your deployment computer.

2. Alternatively, you can use the XNET Database Add Alias.vi to add the alias programmatically, as described in the XNET Hardware and Software Manual.

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/372840h.pdf

You may also want to look at the following example in the NI Example Finder. Hardware Input and Output>> CAN>> NI-XNET>> Managing Local Database.vi

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,429 Views)