BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting to know more about ...

... CC.

I know I should slow down the yapping and pass the flame onto Ben.   But you are becoming almost as intreguing as tst.
One thing I noticed is that your written English is impeccable.  How and where did you learn the language? 
It appears that you've been playing with software for ages..  How did you end up using LV?
I wish I had the time to do mountain climbing... I thought you were a city-dweller.  How do the mountains come into play?  Maybe the question appears stupid, but I grew up in a basically flat area.  Ski-hills were 3-4 hrs away (these are tiny hills). 

JLV
Message 1 of 59
(9,009 Views)

C'mon JLV, what kind of a Francophile are you?

Think about it - August, a frenchy, the Pyrénées. Does that mean nothing to you? (hint: it starts with vac and ends with ance Smiley Happy ).

And how are you in a flat area? Even I, with the 110+ deg F summer, have a ski resort 2 hours away which is well over 6000 ft... Smiley Very Happy

And besides, I thought CC was "from a small village in the north of france"...

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy LOL Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

(8,983 Views)
And where are you from JLV? Un Québécois, comme moi?

Here some smileys since you seem to have a shortage recently...
Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 59
(8,985 Views)

JPD... You're a Quebecois???  I thought you were a frenchy...

I'm from NB.  The acadian coast.  Flat as a...  flat.

Well the nearest ski hill (~500ft maybe ~1000ft) is in Campbelton.  ~ 2-1/2 hrs away. 

The more reasonable hills  (~1000 to ~1500 ft) are Sussex & some place north of Fredericton.  (3 & 4 hrs away).

I did live in Mtrl for 4 years.  But now reside in the Nation's Capital.  (non pas celle de la petite nation  😉  )   Alors j'etais un quebecois, maintenant, on t'a rien...  😐    I'm smiling... look 😐

It's Sept.  CC should be back!    As for the name "Chilly Charlie", isn't that a penguin in Bugsbunny cartoons? 

I thought that CC was from the larger city.  But if h'es from the north of France, the hills are more like valleys and smaller, right?  (I'm most likely wrong since there are wine regions in the north... which I have not visited yet (Alsace-Lorraine).

tst, sounds like you are near the Rockies.  Like Utah..  or Colorado..  or somewhere west.  And yes, you'd have fantastic hills and snow..  Sweet!!  😐

Message Edited by JoeLabView on 09-06-2005 09:45 AM

Message 4 of 59
(8,988 Views)

tst:

Perchance you do reside in Arizona?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 59
(8,986 Views)
Perchance no.

(8,971 Views)

JLV,

I'm not from the north of France. I'm from the far south, living in Montpellier, a few kilometers from the sea side, a few kilometers from a small mountain area (5000 feets), halfway between the Alps and the Pyrenees
I hate towns... at least the big ones. I desperately need wild spaces - almost human-being free ! Mountain hiking is obviously a good antidote to my obligate town-poisoning, but not the best one (see bellow...)

I felt into LV programming in 1992 (LV 2.2). Guess that makes me one of the oldest Enthusiasts. That was a kind of adventure : No undo ! No MS Windows either, LV was a Mac-only application. Since I'm not a programmer (just a spoiled bioprocess engineer that turned to academic research ;)), I needed some kind of easy-to-use tool to solve a number of measuring and control problems. LabVIEW was the right tool, and NI France the right partner : My first LV was a gift from NI (thanks to Denis Glasse). Apart a few contributions in Info-LabVIEW, I have not been very active until last year, although I did quite a lot of wiring during the past years.

My fluent english (thanks ;)) comes from a remote past : I lived in Manchester (GB) during almost a year. And I also use to read a lot of SF books in english.

I was named Chili Charly by unkind friends, when I collapsed after confusing a piece of carot with a tiny piece of really hot chili peper. See, my english is not so good, since I made a mistake the very first time I registered to this forum :).

And I told you already my prefered activity was not mountain climbing...

Tham Koun Don (February 2005 - Central Laos)

Well, I feel naked now. Hope your curiosity is satisfied...

Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Message 7 of 59
(8,962 Views)
After a few difficulties attaching the picture...

Tham Koun Don (02/2005 Central Laos)

Message Edité par chilly charly le 09-07-2005 01:55 PM

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 59
(8,952 Views)

Wow,

That's an impressive life...  And you like exploring caves?  not many frogs in there... 😉  I have a friend who explore's caves along the Amazon River in Brazil.

I understand your need to be in nature (or away from the city).  We're building a home at the edge of the city, on a wooded 2 acre lot.  Surrounded by a wild forest.  We get daily visits from deers and numerous small animals.  It now feels strange when we go downtown (20 min away). 

Message 9 of 59
(8,947 Views)

JoeLabView a écrit: ... We're building a home at the edge of the city, on a wooded 2 acre lot.  Surrounded by a wild forest.  We get daily visits from deers and numerous small animals.  It now feels strange when we go downtown (20 min away). 

Don't make me cry. Here, the only wild animal around is an hedgehog. Used to be some boars a few years ago, but the village where I live has grown up...

JoeLabView a écrit: ...you like exploring caves?  not many frogs in there...

Wrong... 🙂

Climbing cave frogs (02/2005 - Central Laos)

Message Edité par chilly charly le 09-07-2005 02:34 PM

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 59
(8,950 Views)