LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Missing File MetaUninstallerR1.cab when using Network Installer in Volume License Manager

I used the Volume License manager to creat a network Installation for LabWindows CVI Rev 8.1 using the  instructions in Volume License Manager 2.0. The process of preforming the Network Installation work with not problem. When I try an install the LabWindows CVI rev 8.1 on my computer I get an error message of Missing File MetaUnistallerR1.cab. I have looked on the Labwindows CVI REV 8.1 CD and the Volume License Manager and have not located this file.  What am I doing wrong.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,022 Views)
Hi WRTest,

This file should be located on your CVI 8.1 CD.  It is located under this directory: [CVI 8.1 CD]\Parts\MU.  Take a look in this directory to verify that you have that file.  If so, it should be included in the network installer.  Let me know if you are able to find this file under this directory. 
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,006 Views)

Terry,

I found this file in the folder being used by the network installation that was created in the licinse manager creat network installer option. But when I try an do an install form the directory created in the create network installer option useign the autostart file I still get Error 1335 with File MetaUninstallerR1.cab missing, see screen shot attached.

When I execute the mslsetup.exe I get and error saying an error occured while accessingthe license server, but the screen shot indicates that some information was reterived from the file server

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,001 Views)
Hi WRTest,

Just to verify this is what is happening:

1. You created a network installer for CVI 8.1
  2. When you go to the directory for the network installer and double-click setup.exe, you get an error message that states it cannot find MetaUninstallerR1.cab.  If so, when do you get this error?  At the beginning of the installation?  Near the end?
  3. If you go to ...[Network Installer]\Parts\MU, is the MetaUninstallerR1.cab file listed under that directory?
Running mslsetup.exe before actually installing CVI 8.1 will not fix anything.  Let me know the above information, and I will be able to help you out more.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,996 Views)

Terry,

Just to verify this is what is happening:

1. You created a network installer for CVI 8.1  - YES 
  2. When you go to the directory for the network installer and double-click setup.exe, you get an error message that states it cannot find MetaUninstallerR1.cab.  If so, when do you get this error?  At the beginning of the installation?  Near the end?  This is after accepting the License agreement and during the copying file on Step 1 of 27.
  3. If you go to ...[Network Installer]\Parts\MU, is the MetaUninstallerR1.cab file listed under that directory? Yes the file is present in this directory

Running mslsetup.exe before actually installing CVI 8.1 will not fix anything.  Let me know the above information, and I will be able to help you out more.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,992 Views)
Hi WRTest,

It sounds like you might have had a bad CD when creating the Network Installer, resulting in that file being corrupt within the Network Installer.  To test this, try to copy the contents of the CVI 8.1 CD to a folder on your computer.  Let me know if you receive any error when trying this?  If not, try recreating the Network Installer to see if somehow it just got corrupted when it was being made.  Let me know how these workout.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,989 Views)

Terry,

I copped the network install directory for hte Labwindos CVI 8.1 From to a nother folder, no errors were encountered. I tried using the LabWidows CVI 8.1 CD to install Labwindoes onto my desktop PC, with out using the Volume License manager Netwrok Install utility. The software installed direct from the CD without any problems.

I deleted and then regenerated the Network Install Labsindows CVI 8.1 doirectory using the Creat Network Install option in Volume License Manager 2.0. i still get the same Error 1335 ant the same point in the installation process. The attached is a screen shot of the erorr. I will try using a another Labwindows CVI 8.1 CD to insure the issue is not related to a bad CD.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,976 Views)
Hi Terry,

Here is the current status.

I used a difference Labwindows/CVI Version 8.1 CD and reran the Make Network Installation option. Then I tried to install the file on my desktop computer, a different computer than the license server. The Installation again failed with error code 1335, this time on step 28 of 28. I manually copied the file descibed inthe error popup window to the nework installation folder, then reran the setup. After the manual copy of the file the Labwindows network installation completed. next the software tries to register the licnese witht he licnse server. This does not work. I have the license server set to sutmatically handle licenserequest, but to accept no overdrafts. Thsi shoudl not be a problem since I have 6 oopne license for the Labwindows CVI package I am trying to install. I have added my network name as a person and my computer name into the licnse server. The attached file show the the three screen that appear on my desktop computer as durign the license registration trial.

Thanks
dave

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,959 Views)
Hi Dave,

For the Network Installer, try installing CVI on another computer directly from the CD.  Let's see if you still receive the 1335 error.

For the license permission, first double check that you have the license server started.  Within VLM, go to Options >> Start License Server.  If it has been started, you will see Stop License Server, instead.  Another thing to double check is the port number.  Make sure the port number that is configured in VLM matches the port number within the mslsetup.xml file. 
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,932 Views)