LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ugly yellow star in the mail

Someone please tell me why NI sends out these ugly little stars with the alligator clip. What a waste of money and landfill space. I love LabVIEW, but please NI, don't send me this junk.

George
Message 1 of 18
(4,438 Views)

What other forum do you know of that even bothers to say thanks to its members like that? I got a page at work and was told I had a package from NI. Of course I laughed when I opened it, but it was a nice gesture and now it's sitting on my desk. Why even post just to say you didn't like it?

Thanks NI, for my little star.

Message 2 of 18
(4,417 Views)

Yes, some people actually like the stars.

I understand that NI started giving them out to everyone?
It used to be only "Active" members.

>Why even post just to say you didn't like it?<

Because it's a waste of resources. I bet nearly all of these things are going to end up in the trash very soon. I find that if I don't say anything then nothing happens.

An e-mail saying they appreciate my participation in the forum would have been just fine (not that I needed anything anyway). The answers I get are thanks enough.

Maybe NI could add a check box in our profile. Check Yes if you want little trinkets mailed to you.

Please save you money NI and take your deserving engineers out to lunch instead.

George
Message 4 of 18
(4,402 Views)
According to this a lot of people keep and treasure those little objects. I certainly do.
Message 5 of 18
(4,389 Views)
I just got mine today, and said "COOL!", so I'm on the "like side". Sometimes tchotkes are a nice touch, and I know most people who appreciate these tend to keep them just for the sake of keeping them.

As for case of landfill space, at least it's not as bad as some of these examples. The one from Amazon is quite typical... "Yeah, Joe, just get me any old box. What's that? You say all we got left is a crate? Well, it's not my trash can. Ship it!".
Message 6 of 18
(4,360 Views)

What is the intended use of the star with the alligator clip? My associate thought it was a business or index card holder.

I'm sure Cheech could also put it to usetongue smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
Message 7 of 18
(4,318 Views)
I like my star too.  If you dont you probably could fetch a mint for it on ebay.  I view it as the purple heart of the Labview world.
Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
Message 8 of 18
(4,311 Views)
Yes, it is LabVIEW appropriate since it does contain a bundle of wires. I wonder what the CVI contributors got?happy smiley
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
Message 9 of 18
(4,299 Views)
My intentions of asking questions and helping people on this forum are simply to get my hands on one of these stars.  When the day does come, it will be a great great day.

lawl Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy
Message 10 of 18
(4,285 Views)