Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The LIST

Coa everybody !

This is the new thread where I'll post the weekly List updates, until Molly releases the official NI "Hall of Fame".

This week, no new Enthusiast. The overall number remains steady (407), but there are some interesting moves in the list.
First, it seems that the number of active Enthusiasts is increasing.
During the last weeks (8-12), the number of positive moves (in the evolution column) has been respectively 72, 78, 70, 77, 86.
At the same time, the average number of replies of some of us has been increasing very significantly.
If you look at Dennis score, you will see that while he was running at about 3 replies/day over the past years, he is now climbing at a doubled rate of 7-8 replies/day. Ben went from 1.6 r/d to 3 r/d during the last weeks. This acceleration is sometimes even more impressive. For tst and JLV, it's a nearly 10 times increase. They have been asleep for years but are now apprently well awake.

I would like to be told that this is a side effect of the LIST, and I would be proud to have been tst's Prince Charmant... No chance : on average, the increase in activity for all the active Enthusiasts is around 2.6. Means that it is the new NI web site that is the cause of the acceleration.
Anyway, congratulations to this week sprinters : tst (14.6 r/d), altenbach (8.1) and DK (7.7), and thanks to JLV who has been kind enough to stop abruptly his ascension 2 days ago, just to keep me ahead...

Have fun !

Message Edited by chilly charly on 03-20-2005 08:05 PM

Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Download All
Message 1 of 131
(7,768 Views)
For the record, I love the list. One of the things I love most about it is that CC doesn't just post it up there, but he analyzes it just enough to make us all want to open it. I hope to be able to relieve the list burden from the community and have a solution that is built into the tool soon. I can assure you that we are working on it, but I don't have a feel for when it will be available yet. Thanks!
Molly K.
Web Support & Operations Manager
National Instruments
Message 2 of 131
(7,717 Views)
Coa everybody !

One more time, this is the List weekly update !

As Easter Egg, the List has been modified :
- the Enthusiast "status" has been removed, since it was not adding any significant information. Accordingly, the Blue and Gold colors have been moved to the name column;
- the posts in the discussion boards (including both the new "Break Point", the "Feedback on NI discussion forum" and the "LabVIEW proverbs" thread) are now counted separately in the new "BreakPoint" column. The "Replies" column is unchanged, and still count the overall posts. There is now a new "Actual replies" column (= replies – breakpoints) that should be a better activity estimator. Only the last 400 posts were examined, covering the past 2-3 months; I know the count should have been restricted to a few threads and not to the whole "Feedback" board, but that was too complicated to be done rapidly. I'll try to include some corrections in the future. From now, only the BreakPoint board will be subtracted from the replies count.
- the numbers of attachments and URL joined to the replies are also counted and expressed as % of the replies. I believe that they will also become good indicators of the Enthusiast's activity. Have a look, there are some interesting things to discuss.

As we already knew, the n°1 gabber is... JLV (150 breaks), followed by Ben (88 breaks) and tst (64 breaks).

The sprinters of the week are tst (7.1 r/d), altenbach (6 r/d) and... CC (5.9 r/d).
The list size is stable (407 members)and 81 positive moves have been counted.

Enjoy !

CC

Message Edited by chilly charly on 03-28-2005 01:09 AM

Download All
Message 3 of 131
(7,684 Views)
Coa everybody !

One more time, this is the List weekly update !

Some changes again this week, since some of you have been complaining about the way the not-true-replies number had been estimated, even while I said that the correction would be improved >:(. Only some threads are now removed (Enthusiasts, proverbs, icons, The LIST...) plus all the BreakPoint threads, which gives a much better estimate of the situation, allthough not changing significantly the scores.
Accordingly, the "Actual Replies" column is now used as reference. I'm sorry for JLV who has fallen 7 places. Seems that I'll be like Ray's second mug for a while : out of his reach !.. 😄
The most active this week were CC, tst and Altenbach. The scores are much lower than usual (under 7 r/d). Are you already tired ?
Among the sprinters, we should welcome PauloM, climbing at 4.6 r/d, who gained 50 places last week.

More to come before next week...

CC

Message Edited by chilly charly on 04-04-2005 06:11 AM

Download All
Message 4 of 131
(7,635 Views)
😞
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 131
(7,635 Views)
That's okay..

Still above Gorka and in reach of tbob..

😛
Message 6 of 131
(7,630 Views)
Again...

This week we have a major event : Al S is the 9th enthusiast to reach the Mile replies limit.
Other noticeable events in the List is that we have two new members : DirkW and JorisV

This week sprinters are tst, jumarion and altenbach. I am glad to see that the French speaking community is again represented at the highest levels.

tst is maintaining a rapid rise rate, and will probably reach the 1000 replies level by the end of May... However, I'm not sure that this is the highest climbing rate ever registered. For instance who knows what happened in July 2002 ?

Bye for now, I have to swallow that chilly above me...

CC

Message Edited by chilly charly on 04-11-2005 04:49 PM

Download All
Message 7 of 131
(7,585 Views)
Do we start a congratulation Al thread? I don't usually follow his posts?

Message Edited by tst on 04-12-2005 01:44 AM

@tst wrote:
Do we start a congratulation Al thread? I don't usually follow his posts?

Message Edited by tst on 04-12-2005 01:44 AM

Of course we should !!! I had some hope that this initiative would come from somebody from the CVI board. May be we should fire again a message there, like my previous "are CVI programmers just code junkies ?"...

CC

Message 9 of 131
(7,561 Views)
It's getting hot here !
The outside temperature is rising steadily, and so is tst...
He/She/It nearly overtook me this week >:(. That was a close escape, and I'm in a hurry to present the last release of the List, before his/her/its score climb again.
Of course, it's also hot because I ultimately got that chilly that had been teasing me for months...:D Sorry Elton.

This week performers were tst, Altenbach and CC. Always the same names. Pretty boring... 😉 I really need to find something more exciting to add some animation here ! 🙂
That was the purpose of the History and Activity files I included last week. But nobody felt that the infos here were worth a comment 😞
Except tst, nobody seemed either concerned by Al S performance, although some of us are contributors on the CVI board... 😞
Well... everybody was probably too busy. Let's see what happens next week...

CC

Message 10 of 131
(7,502 Views)