FIRST Tech Challenge Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with the Samantha Module and the Samantha Field Control System

My team and I are having problems getting the samantha module to set up in the FCS.

A bit of information that we have done so far are:

-We have made an AD-Hoc network to connect the computer to our Samantha module. IT appears to work.

-We have Labview 2010 on the computer.

-The Samantha module has the Samantha.hex file added to it, including the two folders that hold Samantha Network Config and Samantha Competition Network Config.

The error we keep hitting is the "Not Connected to 6575(Our robot name) at 169.254.88.90". We have been told to hit the details button, but the button itself cannot be clicked.

We were hoping somebody could help us figure out the problem.

P.S. I will include pictures of the error/additional info if need be.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,210 Views)

There are a couple things I like to do in order to verify that two-way communications are happening correctly.

1. Run samostat on the NXT, and get the IP Address that the system is connected to (make sure it agrees with the 169.254.88.90 reported by the FCS).
  2. Make sure your computer's wireless also has an address in the 169.254.xxx.yyy range and that the computer's wireless is the ONLY network adapter that is enabled.  If not, the Samantha may show up because a subnet broadcast is being performed on all NICs, but TCP/IP will fail because direct communication is not possible because the NIC designated as the "primary route" is not the one on the ad-hoc network.  It is important to have the wireless NIC on the laptop serving as the ad-hoc network "host" be the only NIC enabled.
  3. Ping the Samantha's IP address - the one reported by samostat - from the PC.  If you get a response, at least you know that communication is occuring properly.  If you go to that IP address from within a web browser, you should be able to view the Samantha status page directly off the Samantha.

If everything is happening correctly, and there are NO other NICs on the laptop enabled, we can work from there.

-Danny

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,947 Views)