From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FIRST Tech Challenge Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samantha / fcs issues

We are currently trying to get our tele-op set up to test, but we are having trouble connecting the fcs to the samantha.  The FCS picks up the samantha module, but displays a red screen on the FCS when we connect to it.  Does anyone have any ideas on why this is occurring and how to fix it?  We have been trying to get right for a few days.  Thanks for any suggestions. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,319 Views)

I do not know for sure what is going wrong. I know that we have had connection issues when we have labview open and Samantha on. It seems like Labview can sometimes connect to samantha. If Labview is connected, the FCS will not be able to connect. The Choose button on the Competition window will not work. Also, you need to have a program on the NXT selected for the FCS to run. Run the "Program Choose" program on the NXT to select your drive program.

Here are the steps I use to connect to Samantha:

1) Close Labview (or Robot C).

2) Turn on the robot (with Samantha). Make sure Samantha is connected to the NXT with the USB cable.

3) On the NXT, run the program chooser. Use the arrows to select the correct program for drive mode.

4) Run the autonomous program on the NXT brick. If the correct enable code is wrapped around the autonomouse code, the robot should not run.

5) Start the FCS.

6) Press the green button on the joystick in the Assign Controllers window.

7) In the Competition window, press the choose button (we use red team 1). In the popup window, select your samantha ip address and click OK.

😎 Press the start match button. The autonomous program should start to run.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,036 Views)

What does it mean, if it shows up, but it says offline and it won't let you select anything?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,036 Views)