LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ocean Optics USB4000 Spectrometer

Hello all,

I am trying to get an Ocean Optics USB4000 Spectrometer working under Labview.  Several months back I was able to get the USB2000 model working correctly using a set of vi's I came across on the web, however I seem to have found a snag with the newer model.  The vi's I currently use have the option to specify the USB4000 as the model to be used.  There is one vi in particular that calls the DLL.  I tried exchanging the previous function for the USB2000 with the same one that corresponds to the new model, but have no luck.  This causes and error to appear to appear or Labview crashes. 

I was hoping maybe someone out there has either used Labview and the USB4000 or could help me out with the problem I seem to be having with my older set.  The spectrometer works fine under the standard Ocean Optics packages.  I could provide vi's if needed for further explanation.

Thanks.... 
Using Labview 7.0 and 2010 SP1 with Windows XP and 7.
Message 1 of 277
(22,040 Views)
Hello MAH2681:

Is it possible for you to tell us where you got the VIs from? Have you tried contacting the source of those VIs?
Regards,

Roland A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Check out VI Roadshow
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 277
(21,925 Views)
Hi Roland,

I got the VI's from a fellow Labview user via the Web.  I believe originally the VI's came from Ocean Optics, but I'm not sure.  I have been in contact with someone at Ocean Optics to see if they can't help figure out my problem.  So far I am still awaiting word on that.  It may be a problem with the driver/DLL and the new model as opposed to the old model, but I'm not sure.  It seems to be something a long those lines.  I was just wondering if anyone passing through here may have run into a similar problem.

Using Labview 7.0 and 2010 SP1 with Windows XP and 7.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 277
(21,907 Views)
Hi,
I am going to work with USB4000 in Labview, may I have your VIs?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 277
(21,891 Views)

Hi

I  also try to write the USB4000 program. Could you please send the Vi as the reference for me? 

Thanks a lots~

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 277
(21,645 Views)

I recently had similar problems with my USB2000+ from OceanOptics.  I was receiving a "invalid access to memory" error related their dlls. 

The following fix they suggested worked...but don't ask me how Smiley Wink

Goto Start -> Run -> Type in "ooidrv.ini" (without the quotes).  This will bring up the .ini file for your oceanoptics device.  Make sure that "Initialized = 1".

Mine was set to 0 and changing it to one miraculously fixed all the .dll errors I was receiving!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 277
(21,468 Views)
I was having the same problem with the USB4000 vi. I kept getting a message saying "Error 1097 at Call Library Function node... An exception occurred..." and got Ocean Optics gave me the following advice:

"Make sure the user doesn’t have a OOIDrv.ini file in C:\Windows.  If he does, delete it.  If the user uses the USB4000_sample.vi, all the user has to do is click “Cancel” and it should work fine.  However, also make sure that the user has OOIDrv32.dll, NatUSB.dll and JoeDriver.jar all in the USB4000_specific folder (by default, these three files are in the C:\Program Files\Ocean Optics\OOILVD\ folder)."

A few other things give that Error 1097, for example: reopening and running a LabVIEW project containing the USB4000 drivers a second time without completely shutting down LabVIEW, or if the spectrometer is already connected before turning your computer on.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 277
(21,326 Views)
hi all,cn nybdy help me to get vi for UBS4000 in Labview6.1 to integrate with DAQ(NI-1407) tghrough USB..........thnx in advance..........:)

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 277
(21,002 Views)
hi all,cn nybdy help me to get vi for UBS4000 in Labview6.1 to integrate with DAQ(NI-1407) tghrough USB..........thnx in advance.........

i am using WIn2000(SP4)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 277
(21,001 Views)
Hello,
Those are not NI drivers. Your best bet is to wait for some one else to reply or you can
try sending a message to the posters above you.

Message Edited by chris_amadasun on 05-27-2008 01:52 PM

Message Edited by chris_amadasun on 05-27-2008 01:55 PM
Christian A
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 277
(20,969 Views)