Wireless Sensor Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crossbow Labview help

Solved!
Go to solution
I downloaded crossbow's Labview vi's and I tried running the example Read Data and Display Health.vi. I keep getting the error message: Error 8001 occurred at Generic Read Possible Reason(s): Some or all of the samples were not available for some of the nodes specified. Can anyone explain why I keep getting this error? Data comes through when I use MoteView. Thanks for any help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(10,523 Views)
One thing you want to make sure of is that all the nodes that you are trying to access are actually connected.  If the signal isn't connect wirelessly, then you can run into this problem.  You also may be trying to read from the nodes too quickly.  Look into this and get back to me with more details on what you have tried and what your application is.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(10,516 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author electjh
I finally figured out what the problem was. I typically was running MoteView with the Xserve running at the same time. This was tying up the virtual serial port so that Labview couldn't use it. I just made sure that the process Xserve wasn't running in the background and it started working.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(10,492 Views)

Hi all!

I am working on wireless energy meter . I am using MIB 520  programming board and MDA320 data acquisition card from crossbow . Pic 16f87ais used to read the energy meter count.How can i read this count using MDA 320 and send it to PC for further processing in LabView. I have the LabView driver installed for MDA320 and is able to read analog input (I am not able to read Digital I/O of MDA320 in LabView). Please help me in this regard or suggest any other alternative to implement the idea.

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(9,472 Views)

May I know where you get sample codes for crossbow nodes? I tried to find Health.vi code but I couldn't find it.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(9,016 Views)

Hello,

Here is the LabVIEW Driver which may contain the examples along with some other links you might find useful:

Crossbow XMesh WSN Sensor LabVIEW Plug and Play (project-style) Instrument Driver

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=1FB66B354ED149C7E0440003BA230E...

LabVIEW Drivers for Wireless Sensor Networks

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5435

How to Install a Crossbow MIB520 Base Station

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/FD238ED75B22740B86257315004E35FE?OpenDocument

Best,

Patricia B.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(8,999 Views)

Thank you so much. I downloaded the program and the drivers. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(8,961 Views)

- Does any one know the diffrence between Node and point?  I downloaded the drivers and tried to take a look at the VIs. There are multiple read sensor: Read sensor(MTS310)  Nnode-Npoints , Read sensor N nodes 1 points .... and I don't know which one has to be picked. My application is reading 2 MTS310 sensor borad on 2 MicaZ nodes.

- My other question is that, when I run the program " readhealth.vi", when I trun 2 micaz on to communicate with the gateway, I can see the data of one node gets assigned to the other senosr node. For example, in my VI, GUI, I can see NodeID: 3 but data is for NodeID 2. Can anyone explain to me why it happens? 

Thanks,

SK

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(8,924 Views)

- Does any one know the diffrence between Node and point?  I downloaded the drivers and tried to take a look at the VIs. There are multiple read sensor: Read sensor(MTS310)  Nnode-Npoints , Read sensor N nodes 1 points .... and I don't know which one has to be picked. My application is reading 2 MTS310 sensor borad on 2 MicaZ nodes.

- My other question is that, when I run the program " readhealth.vi", when I trun 2 micaz on to communicate with the gateway, I can see the data of one node gets assigned to the other senosr node. For example, in my VI, GUI, I can see NodeID: 3 but data is for NodeID 2. Can anyone explain to me why it happens? 

Thanks,

SK

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(8,924 Views)

Hello,

It appears that the N sensor N points indicates how many nodes you are sampling and how many sample points you are reading with that node.

Regards,

Patricia B.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(8,910 Views)