From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Wireless Sensor Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bluetooth com port communication

Hi,

I'm trying to communicate a bluetoothe device with my laptop using Labview (ver 8.5.1).

I've tried the example VI for bluetooth (http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3260), so I succeeded to discover it, and get the address. But I I have a problem in reading/sending data (error message: Error 56 occurred at Bluetooth Read in bluetooth_con.vi). The bluetooth device shows a LED which means that it is connected, but does not show another LED which means it sends/receives data. (In this case, how can I set communication setting like Baud rate?)

Since two COM port are assigned for the bluetooth device (for example, COM 8 for incoming, and 9 for outgoing), also I thought that I need to set communication setting such as Baud rate, I tried VISA communication (different program with above bluetooth program). But it does not work. I used the NI example file (Basic Serial Write and Read.vi).

It seems very simple, just communicating with bluetooth, but I'm trouble.

Many thanks,

J.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(6,171 Views)