Wireless Sensor Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a sensor that could help me check the food swallowing capability?

Are there any sensors that could give me an idea about the food swallowing capability of a person? If so can I buy it? Please advice.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,391 Views)

Hi mayooran99, 

NI has a wide variety of sensors available.  They can be found on our website here.

I'm not sure how you would go about measuring food swallowing capability - would you be taking a specific type of measurement?  For example, pressure or vibration?  

Also, this board is intended for questions regarding NI's Wireless Sensor Network products.  They consist of a gateway which wirelessly connects to a variety of nodes.  Based on the application you are discussing, I'm not sure if this would be the right product for you. 

I think the best board to help you in this case would be the Multifunction DAQ board.  NI has a great selection of Data Acquisition hardware that will work in many applications.  Our DAQ hardware also works with many different sensors, so you can find one that fits your application best.

I hope this information is helpful, and I apologize for any inconvenice caused by posting on a new board.  I recommend providing as much information about your application and the type of system you would like to build so that our community can better assist you.

Regards,
Kelly B.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,372 Views)

Well, the relative cheap, easy and probably most accurate (less cheap)  way is a balance.

Here is a nice trick as a teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_uXZZRpO-E

Another way would be a doppler ultrasonic ...   they are able to calculate (estinate?) the mass flow of blood ....  maybe depends on what you swallow........

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,330 Views)