Wireless Sensor Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much time does a single transmission take?

Re: How much time does a single transmission take?

Hello Kevin,

I was reading your post regarding WSN node lifetime calculations.

Towards the end you had made a comparison between battery life time and sample interval.

For this calculation, have u considered energy breakdown for all cycles.

Can you share the equation that you have used to compare battery life time vs sample interval

Thanks

Tomy

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(411 Views)

Hi Tomy,

It looks like the data discussed on this forum post was from an internal R&D information source from 8 years ago. The NI WSN Node Power and Performance Benchmarks documentation lists similar data, but does not list the equation.

Please feel free to create a new forum post with your specific question so that it can get increased visibility in our NI community.

Mike B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(398 Views)

The hub should rest amid the time that it's not effectively estimating, transmitting, executing custom code (VI on the hub) to protect control. Transmission of the information ought to be genuinely fast (specced at 250 kbits/s in the manual: 

The manual likewise makes reference to that you'll your capacity use at 1 S/s interim is around 13 mW. Note that control prerequisites change when utilising switch and programmable hubs, or stretching the example interim.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(64 Views)

The information appeared from an inward Research and development white paper. We are attempting to uncover a portion of this data all the more openly, however we have to clean it for precision and meaningfulness. Shockingly, it might be a while before we have the client noticeable white paper prepared. I likewise trust we can give a product apparatus which can help anticipate battery life dependent on a progressively granular example interim information. This ought to be significantly superior to the life at 1 min and 1 s in the manual.

If it's not too much trouble informed me as to whether there are explicit bits of information you need and I can almost certainly give that. Additionally, I'm interested what your ultimate objective is. Is it accurate to say that you are attempting to approve that your hub will keep running for a long time? Is it accurate to say that you are running at a rate more in the center and need to decide the normal life? Likewise, would you say you are running custom VIs on the hub with LV WSN?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(22 Views)