Wireless Sensor Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gateway lost signal

Good afternoon, engineers,

I have a WSN and WSN-9791-3202. When there is a loss of signal between them I can see this disconnection.

And when there is loss of signal between the PC and the WSN-9791, ie when disconnected the ethernet cable from the PC?

How do I see this error? And why it continues to be a connection between the WSN and WSN-9791-3202 if there is no connection to the PC?

Regards. 

Hugo Santos
Student at ISEC - Master Mechanical Equipment and Systems
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,687 Views)

Hello Mr Santos,

If the 9791 loses connection to the PC, you should get an error message (see the list). You can see this error on the error cluster : error cluster wsn.png

It is normal that there is no error when the PC loses connection with the gateway 9791. The 9791 publishes values over the network and it doesn't wait for a PC to do it.

Regards,

Mathieu P. | Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
National Instruments France

Journées techniques : des fondamentaux aux dernières technologies pour la mesure et le contrôle/comm...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,676 Views)

But how do I send this information to the node 3202? Example, I have a node to Acquire temperature, and do not have the pc on the side, just got a warning light connected to the output node 3032, which warns you when it loses the signal between the gateway node 3202 and 9791. If you lose the connection between the gateway and the PC, I can not send any signal, right?

Regards

Hugo Santos
Student at ISEC - Master Mechanical Equipment and Systems
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,672 Views)

Hello,

Sorry for the answer delay. If you want the node to detect that there is no communication between the gateway and the PC, I guess you will have to use LabVIEW WSN Pioneer.

I'm not sure if it is possible but using a message sent from the PC could be interesting. You could detect if after a certain time you didn't get the message. If you still want to try, you can have a look there :

Getting Started with the LabVIEW Wireless Sensor Network (WSN) Module

The LabVIEW Wireless Sensor Network Module - Under the Hood

Regards

Mathieu P. | Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
National Instruments France

Journées techniques : des fondamentaux aux dernières technologies pour la mesure et le contrôle/comm...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,641 Views)