From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Western NY LabVIEW User Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plagiarizing Darren's Nuggets for Western NY #3

It's been a long time, so I read through some more Weekly Nuggets from where I left off and found this one kinf of cool.  Also decided not to create a whole new blog every time, but just create a discussion thread.
From one of Darren's Wekly Nuggets:
A couple of tips about front panel arrays this week.  If you've got an array on the front panel, and you want to quickly see how many elements are in it, you can right-click on the array and choose Advanced > Show Last Element, and the array index will automatically switch to display the last element in the array.  Before I knew this trick I remember using the arrow keys in the array index control to increase the array index by 1000s, 100s, 10s, and 1s until I found the last element in the array.
And if you're using LabVIEW 8.0, you've got the immensely helpful new feature of scrollbars on arrays.  Just right-click the array and choose Visible Items > Vertical (and/or Horizontal) Scrollbar and you can very easily scroll the array contents until you find the last element (or whatever other element you're looking for).
-D

Darren Nattinger, CLA
LabVIEW Artisan and Nugget Penman
Scott Rogers
Sr. DSM
Western NY
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(6,953 Views)