cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VB Zero-Crossing Cursor Implementation

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey All,

We have a VirtualBench here and what I'm trying to do is automate it with LabVIEW 2017. The standalone VirtualBench measurement application seems to be missing a zero-crossing quick-measurement (we want to make a zero-crossing measurement easy to do for unskilled operators).

The specific requirements are to measure the time delay between the rising zero-crossing points of two periodic waveforms using the oscilloscope feature. I was able to easily do this without the virtualbench by using waveform generation VI's and the Waveform Transition Measurements VIs to input the transition information to the graph cursor property nodes.

The problem with the VirtualBench VIs (see attached image and VI)  is that they send the waveform data with some differences in format so that, though they can be wired directly to the graph, the waveform data is not playing nice with the Transition Measurements VI. I've tried using the index of the while loop to index the array of clusters coming from the VirtualBench Read and multiple combinations of array-cluster conversions and array indexing with no luck. Either the cursor (a vertical line) does not show (as in the case below) or stays at the 0 position of the X-axis. The image is my current "blank slate" of how to figure this out:

Cursor.jpg

You could probably tell I'm new at this but any help would be much appreciated. Once I get the cursor working with a single channel I could easily adapt it to work with both channels. Thanks again!    

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,969 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TerrorTech

Got it. See attached image (proprietary notes blacked out) for details.

Message 2 of 2
(2,937 Views)