cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NIVirtualBench1700f0.exe does not work under LAB2018

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi:

I am using vb8012 under lab2018. However, VirtualBench.lvlib:PS initialize.vi turns out error.image.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(5,105 Views)

zhaoqing-zhou,

Have you seen this article?  https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000kJXaSAM .  I have followed these instructions to get VB functions working on LabVIEW 2018 myself.  Let me know if this is not a solution for your problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daniel Larsen

Digital Hardware Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(5,092 Views)

Hi Daniel:

Thanks you for your concern.

I have followed your tips , after downloading and convering  "Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2017\vi.lib\VirtualBench",   however,  it cannot solve my problems.

Two points:

1.  Those broken vis, call library functions "nilciuserapi.dll", unless this dll is updated, the problem cannot be solved.

2.  The vis stored in "VB17 for LabVIEW 2018 32bit English.zip" are built on "2017-05-09", earlyer than lab2018.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(5,078 Views)

Hi,

Hope these steps help:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000kJXVSA2&l=en-US

1. Download NI-VirtualBench Application and Driver 17.0
  2. Install or re-install NI-VirtualBench 17.0 and select Custom installation, then select LabVIEW 2017 Support to be installed.
  3. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2017\vi.lib\, or the corresponding folder of your installation.
  4. Copy the VirtualBench sub-folder into C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2018\vi.lib\
  5. (Re-)Start LabVIEW 2018

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(5,062 Views)

Hi:

Thanks.

For all the efforts, the problem still can not be solved.

The reason is that lab2018 does not support  "I/O" datatype.

If you try to create constant by right click ,you get GRAY menu.

Finnally, I get  reconciled t  rec·on·cile

image.png  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(5,052 Views)

zhaoqing-zhou,

I see the same issue you mention if I miss copying the highlighted files from https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000kJXaSAM .  Please ensure that you have copied all of the files in this list after installing LabVIEW 2017 support with the VirtualBench installer.

In addition, after copying them, you must completely close LabVIEW and then re-open it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daniel Larsen

Digital Hardware Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(5,047 Views)

Hi Daniel:

After following your suggestions the problem really solved.

Thank you.

The reason that I failed is that: I ignored those detailed processes, simply covering Vis.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(5,014 Views)

My question is will the VirtualBench driver ever be updated to support LabVIEW 2018 and future versions?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,885 Views)

@TestMan1 wrote:

My question is will the VirtualBench driver ever be updated to support LabVIEW 2018 and future versions?

Finally, yes 😄

NI-VirtualBench Application and Driver 18.0

http://www.ni.com/download/virtualbench-driver-18.0/8140/en/

Joe Friedchicken
NI Configuration Based Software
Get with your fellow OS users
[ Linux ] [ macOS ]
Principal Software Engineer :: Configuration Based Software
Senior Software Engineer :: Multifunction Instruments Applications Group (until May 2018)
Software Engineer :: Measurements RLP Group (until Mar 2014)
Applications Engineer :: High Speed Product Group (until Sep 2008)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,691 Views)

OK Joe, Shouldn't new LabVIEW releases trigger a VirtualBench driver update?

how about updating the VirtualBench driver for LabVIEW 2019.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,372 Views)