From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VirtualBench

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My VirtualBench won't let me change my sampling rate?

I have VB-8012 and I have read that it has 1 Gsamples/s. However, when I use it, I am getting 125.00 ksamples/s as noted by top left side of the oscilloscope screen. 

Is there a way I can increase this? Why am I limited to 125 ksamples/s when each channel should be able to handle 500 msamples/s?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,907 Views)

batlab123,

My understanding is that you've got the VirtualBench application open and you're wondering why, when you have the application zoomed out, the sample rate is set to 125kSamples/s ?

The application will automatically select a sample rate and acquisition length based on your zoom settings, generally optimizing for a fast frame rate to improve the interactive experience.  Using the app alone you cannot change which settings it will pick for a given zoom.  You can, however, zoom out until it's acquiring at the sample rate you'd like, stop the acquisition, then zoom in and pan through as much as you'd like.

If you have LabVIEW available, you could also configure the scope using LabVIEW, and the application will reflect changes you made there.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daniel Larsen

National Instruments

Digital Hardware Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,860 Views)