VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO not discoverable in Veristand

We recently got a 9045 cRIO chassis along with a couple CAN cards (9853's) and I/O cards (9264, 9266, 9423) in order to make a mini HIL simulator. The goal was to create a Veristand project to control the hardware and interface with our existing Simulink models that are built to run in Veristand (from our "full sized" PXI chassis based HIL simulators). And ultimately have that project run on boot so the chassis doesn't have to be hooked up to a computer to run the simulations. The issue I'm having is that Veristand's hardware discovery wizard will not recognize the cRIO chassis. (Veristand 2019 SP2). I did go through NI-Max to install software on the chassis including the Veristand engine that is hidden in the custom install settings. Should Veristand be able to discover the cRIO chassis? Or will I be forced to make a Labview project and export a bitfile to load into a custom device in Veristand? Is there a specific setting in NI-Max that needs to be set for the chassis/cards to get Veristand to see them? NI-Max and Labview both recognize the chassis and all the cards just fine.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(49 Views)

Try setting the programming mode of cRIO-9045 to DAQmx in the NI MAX. See Using CompactRIO with the NI-DAQmx API

Besides, I want to point out that NI-9853 is not natively supported in VeriStand. You should use NI-XNET modules NI-986x instead.

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(27 Views)