VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the sequence of events during undeploy or disconnect

Looking for information on what sequence of events Veristand follows when you undeploy a system definition file, or disconnect from a target.  I would like to tie my processes (like closing ports, or finishing file I/O) to these events to make the system more stable and reliable.

Thanks for your time

GSinMN  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,650 Views)

Hi GSinMN,

Undeploying the system definition file stops execution on the target and closes references to the resources that were used in your system definition file. So let's say if you were using a DAQ card in your system definition file and you undeployed your system definition file, that DAQ card can now be used by other processes.

Also undeploying the system definition file is not the same as disconnecting from your target. Disconnecting from the target does not stop execution, whereas undeploying the system definition does.

Sev K.
Senior Systems R&D Engineer | Wireless | CLA
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,629 Views)

You can register to get an event whenever the system state changes. This is useful for the exact reasons you described. In LabVIEW, use the open and close Engine State Change Notification.vi's

In .NET, you can get the same information from the OnSystemStateChange event from the IWorkspace2 class

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,622 Views)