VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System explorer can't find the RT Driver VI.vi file anymore

Solved!
Go to solution

I am working with a custom device called PWM_Async_1 . In the custom device library, amongst others, appear the file  PWM_Async_1 RT Driver VI.vi. (1)

To test a few things I created different versions of (1) renamed PWM_Async_1 RT Driver VI.bak1,  .bak2 ... So the PWM_Async_1 RT Driver VI.vi is still there.

Now when I open Veristand I get this pop up:

systemexplorermissing file.jpg

If I ignore it, and deploy the custom device, it fails, saying the PWM_Async_1 RT Driver VI.vi is missing... (Error 7). However, if you look into the PWM_Async_1 RT Engine.llb under C:\User\ etc... the "missing" file is there... 

What is going on ? 

THx.

L.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,654 Views)

Ok, so going into the PWM_Async_1 Engine.llb shows no vi. However it shows a lvlib and nothing else...

systemexplorermissing file_2.jpg

Also, looking at the llb, it is only 7KB. so the built from the project must have not worked properly. But the Build Status gave no indication of this.

L

L.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,647 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LDBM

Ok, here is what the problem was : At one point in my tests, I must have taken the RT Driver VI.vi out of the library, or renamed it.. This made the file dissapear from the build properties Smiley Mad, hence the message not finding it.  

To re-establish the proper setup in the build, make sure the RT Driver VI.vi file is selected under Source Files, and  Source file Settings. See below where this should be done.

Laurent.

systemexplorermissing file3.jpg

Message 3 of 3
(5,642 Views)