VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCC with custom devices.

I'm organizing a Veristand project with custom devices located here:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI VeriStand 2016\Custom Devices

However, I'd like to add those in source code control. Initially, I thought i would just move those to a location beneath my source root, but this caused errors. When I loaded the Veristand project, it asked me to find the missing custom devices. I selected the new location. However, when I opened the system definition and looked at the custom device pages, I get an error:

Error -307602 occurred at System Explorer - Broken Page.vi >> System Explorer Framework.lvlib:Get XML Item Data by GUID.vi

So there are multiple questions:

• Can I locate custom definition files elsewhere, besides the public folder?

If yes to the above:

• Can I move custom definition files from the public folder to another location?

If yes to the above:

• What is the best way to relocate\re-register these files?

Michael Aivaliotis
VI Shots LLC
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,718 Views)

With a little bit of digging, it seems that I have to edit the custom device xml file and specify the path type. Currently it shows:

<Type>To Common Doc Dir</Type>

Is there a Type for "Project root" or similar?

Michael Aivaliotis
VI Shots LLC
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,703 Views)

Hi MichaelAivaliotis,

The designated location for Custom Device source files is the directory you specified:

Windows Vista/7: C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI VeriStand\Custom Devices

The recommended approach to generating the XML file is to use the Custom Device Template Tool specified in this Custom Device XML help.

More indepth information can be found on the NI VeriStand Custom Device Developer's Guide (Beta) document (see attached document)

Regards,

Jared T.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,675 Views)

So are you stating that it's not possible to move the files from the designated location without breaking the project?

Michael Aivaliotis
VI Shots LLC
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,656 Views)

Hi MichaelAivaliotis,

Unfortunately that is correct. VeriStand only knows to look in the Public Directory for Custom Devices (as you can see on page 8 of the Custom Device Developers Guide). So if you try to move them to a different location, VeriStand simply won't be able to find them.

Regards,

Jared

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,651 Views)