ni.com checkout is currently experiencing issues.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT communication error

Hi,

I configured the RT controller (PXI 8108) from the MAX. When i tried to set the veristand gateway IP as xx.xx.xxx.x from the project explorer, It throws an error as i attached below.

error.PNG

I felt that it might be the firewall settings and add MAX and Veristand to the exceptions but still its not use.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,790 Views)

The VeriStand Gateway IP address refers to the host PC where the VeriStand Gateway is running that you want to communicate through when connecting to targets running the VeriStand Engine. Most of the time this IP address is left blank to indicate localhost, meaning the VeriStand Gateway running on your local computer. You only need to set it to another computer if you want to set up a multi-client application, where you have multiple instances of VeriStand communicating to the same set of RT Targets running the VeriStand Engine. When you set the Gateway IP for a non-localhost host PC in the multi-client use case, you need to make sure that external host PC is already running NI VeriStand so that it has launched its VeriStand Gateway instance.

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,788 Views)

We've found that "feature" can be really annoying.  Is there any method that allows you to modify your project without the remote gateway active?  Once you indicate a remote gateway, you become effectively locked out of changing your project if the remote gateway is not up.  There are numerous items in the project that do not require the gateway (e.g. building your GUI, configuring tools, etc.)  Our work around has been to hack the *.nivsproj file and remove the remote gateway, edit the project, then re-enter the remote gateway IP.

Message 3 of 5
(5,772 Views)

We have a bug report on that (CAR 310573). We are investigating a fix for it.

For the time being, the only workaround I know of is to load the project file in a text editor (it's XML) and manually change the Gateway tag back to localhost or an empty string before loading it in VeriStand.

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,768 Views)

Specifically you're looking for this tag:

<Property Name="Gateway IP">
<String>1.2.3.4</String>
</Property>

Change 1.2.3.4 to localhost.

Jarrod S.
National Instruments