cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-XNET CAN interface custom code in VeriStand

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm working with NI Labview/VeriStand 2011 and I recently got a XNET/XS 8513 board with my PXI-8106 RT controller.

I noticed a big NI-XNET.dll (about 10MB) downloading during the system definition file deploying on the PXI; consequently there is a bigger load on the CPUs during run-time compared to the case when I used the board CAN 84681. I think the reason is the extention to the FlexRay and Lin protocols (?). 

I'm trying to reduce the load, so I create a custom labview model for the XNET CAN-only communication, with a message transmission. I tested it directly with LabView on the PXI, without a VeriStand deploying; the result is a correct message reading from the CAN bus.

Then I try to do a veristand project, disabling the NI-XNET interface on the system definition file and loading the labview simulation model (builds from <Labview project>/tools/NI VeriStand/Generate NI Veristand Model From vi); but I can't write/read in real time any new value, despite a correct deploying.

Is there some VeriStand dependencies that I forgot? How can I use the old NI-XNET Custom Device source code for this purpose?

Thanks,

Giulio

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,234 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CGiulio

Ok, I solved the problem: VeriStand inport cannot be a LabView numeric control inside a while loop temporized.

Now the application run well.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,196 Views)

a model should not have a while loop (that doesn't stop quickly). remember that NI VeriStand is the loop. it calls the model VI at the rate you set on the controller page (like 1khz). so your block diagram will execute over and over again.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,174 Views)