VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom workspace object - how add a specific button to change the value of an meter control

Hello,

I would like to create de specifique object for the veristand workspace. I started this creation with the "Numeric control - Meter" of veristand displays templates  with labview. For the moment i add buttons and indicators containing different values. I would like a press of a buttopn to set the value indicated on the graph bar, but i do not understand the associated labview code...

exemple.JPGCapture2.JPG

I do not understand how to code this functionality, because if I understand correctly I must modify the "Item.data" which I suposse takes again the proriety of the indicators of the objects (For the moment that the bar graph). Does anyone have any reason to suggest that I can understand how it works and what is possible?

thank you in advance
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,660 Views)
Nobody has any idea for my problem?

I'd just like to know if it's possible to make veristand objects with commands that are not mapped to channels, but only interact with the user and other mapped commands.

In my example, a press of a button should put the value indicated in the control.

I did not find an equivalent on the internet, but I think the problem had to be asked.

I am following the procedure to create a custom object, but in the example there is only channel mapped. I will try to integrate an event on one of the push button but I have doubts that it works because in the understanding, it takes a veristand event to update the data.

Thank you for your help if you had to devellop objects like this. I am proud of all possible examples.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,624 Views)

Hi Yopyyop,

I guess you can probably use local variables to set the values of your controls without Veristand involved. However, starting from an existing display template does not allow for much change as a lot of the code is hidden in subVIs. If you want more control and flexibility, it is often easier to start from the Free Label display template, which does not have anything hidden.

Thomas

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,595 Views)

Hello,

Yeah, i found a solution with a specific tutorial to create a custom object. Thank you for you answer.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,556 Views)