VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nivxint.lib LNK1103

Hi,

compiling applications with Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 and the NI-NXI 3.7 coming with recent VXIpc880 controllers,

ends in a linker error:

nivxint.lib(cvxi.obj) : fatal error LNK1103: debugging information corrupt; recompile module
This can also be reproduced with example programs like VXItrig, which can be found under:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\VXI\NIVXI API\win32\msvc6\Examples\trigger.

I never had problems of this kind on older NI-VXI revisions.

nivxint.dll under windows\sytem32 has rev.3.7.0.49152

with comment: "2010/06/30 22:10:31, nivxint/win32U/i386/msvc71/release"

Does anybody have an idea?

Best regards,

Achim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(7,139 Views)

Hi Achim,

this error is probably cominig from VS. There is a similar issue known in VS 2005 SP1:

FIX: Error message when you build a project in Visual Studio 2005 SP1 after an .lib file or an .obj file that was built by using Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 is added to the project: "Fatal error LNK1103: debugging information corrupt"

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949009/en-us

Maybe you can apply that fix to VS 6 too...

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(7,085 Views)

Hi Sebastian,

thank you for your reply. Installing the newest VC2005 redistributables didn't solve the problem.

I think there is a more basic problem:

NIVXI generally comes with supporting .lib files for Borland C++, cvi, Ms Visual Basic6 and also ms Visual C++ 6.

The last one is by default installed in

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\VXI\NIVXI API\win32\msvc6

Looking into the 3.7 nivxint.dll's dependencies with e.g. DEPENDS.EXE makes me wonder,

why it depends from MSVCR71.DLL...MSVCP90.DLL

Comparisons with another VXIpc880 system, which came a year ago with NI-VXI 3.5,

showed that nivxint.dll depends only from MSVCR71.DLL...MSPVP71.DLL in that configuration.

And on these systems compilation and binding to nivxint.lib did never cause such problems.

Best regards and thank you again for your hint

Achim

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(7,071 Views)